XP Crashes

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

I'm putting an XP system together with VMware, will report back when it's working.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi,

http://www.sdr-radio.com/Downloads/BetaKits.aspx has been updated, tested on two XP systems (mine & Pieter's).

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

Alan <alan4alan@...>

From: "Simon HB9DRV"

http://www.sdr-radio.com/Downloads/BetaKits.aspx has been updated, tested
on
two XP systems (mine & Pieter's).
Yes, it starts, but off to the Club now...

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Mark &#92;(G4PCS&#92;) <g4pcs@...>

Thanks Simon!

Before I do too much more investigating, is .wav file playback verified with this build?

I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, or whether my netbook/network is just too puny, but whenever I select a wavefile (as previously recorded using the console) in the file selection dialog, the console disappears into fairy land. Not a very technical description I know, but it's not a crash... I suspect whatever it does next is taking a hugely ridiculous amount of time (we're talking more than 1/2 hour, i.e. > one unit of patience). The UI doesn't get updated at all while this is going on, but a lot of CPU is being used. My files tend to be 2GB, over a slowish wifi network, but this doesn't seem to cause a problem with (e.g.) Spectravue. This isn't new by the way - it was/is the same in the 1st release. Something not quite right?

Regards, Mark

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of g8voip