World Map 1.2.9

Simon Brown

Something for the Hamvention 2022 weekend: World Map 1.2.9 with improved NTP Client support.

https://www.g4eli.com/

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

ROBERT NORRIS

Simon,

I think that VS1 on the map (I am assuming is for Singapore) should be 9V. In your next update to Simon’s World Map, would you locate the White House box below the location and/or move the UN call signs up and over New York/Long Island.

Thank you for the World Map and SDR-Console apps.

73,

Bob

AK5U

Something for the Hamvention 2022 weekend: World Map 1.2.9 with improved NTP Client support.

https://www.g4eli.com/

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Hi Bob,

The prefix database is downloaded from Log4OM, I am not sure where the prefixes come from. As for the location of the text – this is an interesting request, displaying labels and not overlapping is not trivial. You’ll find many references to this on the web. I’ll look into this when I have time.

Something for the Hamvention 2022 weekend: World Map 1.2.9 with improved NTP Client support.

https://www.g4eli.com/

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Cormac, EI4HQ

Hi Simon,

Thanks for v1.2.9, in particular for adding bearing & distance display for stations, a very useful feature addition. I use World Map a lot for Navtex DX activities as it provides a neat way to display pretty much all that's needed; the stations, time, terminator and space weather data. I maintain a Navtex station data suite for the Navtex DX community and I've been including World Map 490 and 518 Navtex station files as part of it for a while now.

A feature request if I could be so forward; any chance you might consider adding the real time Dst index to the propagation info. provided; https://wdc.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp/dst_realtime/presentmonth/index.html? It's a useful propagation pointer for those of us who DX below 1MHz (NDBs, Navtex, MW & LW broadcasting, that sort of thing). When the Dst spikes upwards, that can be an early warning of a subsequent drop/plunge into -ve Dst figures that often means MW propagation is in trouble. The deeper the dive into -ve territory, the more trouble we're in. On the other hand, all other things being equal a relatively stable Dst hovering around zero is generally a good thing for <1MHz propagation.

Thanks!

Simon Brown

OK, looks quite easy. Will take a look tomorrow morning.

[...]

So,

Seems to work, see attachment.

[...]

Running a test - if it correctly picks up the next value change I'll make 1.3.10 available today.