World Map 1.2.7

Simon Brown

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Mike Bott

It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Mike Bott

I just realized I has SWM somewhat zoomed.  Works just fine when fully zoomed out.

On 5/14/22 07:28, Mike Bott via groups.io wrote:
It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Still a bug though. What’s your home locator?

I just realized I has SWM somewhat zoomed.  Works just fine when fully zoomed out.

On 5/14/22 07:28, Mike Bott via groups.io wrote:

It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Thanks,

Using your locator I see the bug, will probably fix tomorrow.

Still a bug though. What’s your home locator?

I just realized I has SWM somewhat zoomed.  Works just fine when fully zoomed out.

On 5/14/22 07:28, Mike Bott via groups.io wrote:

It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

1) Setting location is a MISERABLE job. I cannot simply cut and paste the suitable values.

2) How do I turn off ntp to prevent it competing with my internal ntp?

3) Interaction of Greyline "Night Map" and "Shadow" as sort of radio buttons is confusing.

4) Sunrise and sunset are UTC even when local time is selected.

{o.o}

On 20220513 23:48:44, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

  1. Yes you can
  2. NTP is not on, it’s an interactive client
  3. Sadly I don’t have the option of radio buttons here
  4. Sorry, not correct, Sunrise / sunset value depends on whether local or UTC is selected

1) Setting location is a MISERABLE job. I cannot simply cut and paste the suitable values.

2) How do I turn off ntp to prevent it competing with my internal ntp?

3) Interaction of Greyline "Night Map" and "Shadow" as sort of radio buttons is confusing.

4) Sunrise and sunset are UTC even when local time is selected.

{o.o}

On 20220513 23:48:44, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

F6GWE

Hi Group

Thanks Simon

Very very good job like SDRConsole!
Thanks again about all you make for Ham Community!

73 QRO
Patrick

jdow

4) I don't know about that. I posted that a little after Noon yesterday local time. It read 12:xx for the large time indication. The sunrise and sunset times were very definitely UTC with Sunrise about the same as current time. The approximate location is 34.5 N and 117 W. Are there separate time zone settings? An so, this AM after a restart it is making sense. That suggests the change when made did not propagate fully to the SR/SS portion of the display. So perhaps we are both correct.

1) It's your infernal floating point entry dialog that's VERY resistant to me using it. It seems to actively hate me. I clipped the lat and long. I tried highlighting everything, it failed. It highlighting the real part and it failed, as expected. Both times the cursor happened to be in the real part of the dialog as that seemed to make more sense to me.

2) OK, it gave me the impression it was an active client that could reset system time as well as display time.

3) Yeah - the three choices have interesting interactions. It took me aback with the behavior. "Unexpected" is the keyword.

{^_^}

On 20220514 22:20:27, Simon Brown wrote:
  1. Yes you can
  2. NTP is not on, it’s an interactive client
  3. Sadly I don’t have the option of radio buttons here
  4. Sorry, not correct, Sunrise / sunset value depends on whether local or UTC is selected

1) Setting location is a MISERABLE job. I cannot simply cut and paste the suitable values.

2) How do I turn off ntp to prevent it competing with my internal ntp?

3) Interaction of Greyline "Night Map" and "Shadow" as sort of radio buttons is confusing.

4) Sunrise and sunset are UTC even when local time is selected.

{o.o}

On 20220513 23:48:44, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Mike,

I sent you a link by direct email, please let me know if it solves the problem.

Still a bug though. What’s your home locator?

I just realized I has SWM somewhat zoomed.  Works just fine when fully zoomed out.

On 5/14/22 07:28, Mike Bott via groups.io wrote:

It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Mike Bott

Morning Simon,

Sorry for the delay.  5 hours behind you and it's a lazy morning here.  :)

Running the kit now and as far as I can tell, it is working properly for what I reported to you.  Thanks!!

--
Mike

On 5/16/22 02:35, Simon Brown wrote:

Mike,

I sent you a link by direct email, please let me know if it solves the problem.

Still a bug though. What’s your home locator?

I just realized I has SWM somewhat zoomed.  Works just fine when fully zoomed out.

On 5/14/22 07:28, Mike Bott via groups.io wrote:

It appears that the long path is anchored on the opposite side of the earth from the Home Location

On 5/14/22 02:48, Simon Brown wrote:

Something for the weekend: World Map 1.2.7 with a few funky new features.

https://www.g4eli.com/world-map

Simon Brown

https://www.g4eli.com

Ta,