Topics

With RTL.SDR module: How to unzoom FM 87 <=> band 108MHz

MEDIAPIA

Bonjour,
Je souhaiterai voir toute la bande FM 87<=>108MHz en même temps. Comment faire?
Merci.

Hello,
I would like to see the entire FM band
87 <=> 108MHz at the same time. How to do? Thank you.

Mark Cayton

Hello,
You can't, the RTL-SDR is only capable of delivering a 2.5 MHz bandwidth.
--
Mark  K1LSB

Siegfried Jackstien

then go and buy another 7 rtl dongles :-)

or buy a better sdr that can direct show you 20 megs bw (just a few on the market and they are not cheap)

if you just wanna "see" over that band then you can use the software "touchstone" from nutsaboutnets

that is a scanning software normally made for the rf explorer ...  but works also with the rtl dongles

that soft scans (as an example) 88 to 108 and displays it in a band scan

how they do it with a 2 megs dongle?? they scan in 2 megs bw "chunks" and stitch them together for display the whole area

cause there is nothing to "decode" (make audio from) the scanning is fast enough (if you do not scan from 24 megs up to 1.8 gig at once hi hi)

there are also other scanning apps available for the rtl dongle (rtlscanner) ... but they all work the same ... scan an area with 2 megs bw parts and glue them together for display ... perfect  would be if that soft scans in 2 megs steps but rtl runs in 2.4 megs bw and the overlap is thrown away (as we know on the ends the dongles fall a bit down in their curve and that area could be thrown out)

that should then show a (more or less) flat scanning sensitivity ...

i do not know if simon will add such a function in sdr console (scanning a bigger area and glue these scans together) ... maybe if he has solved some other things in console and has "nothing else to do" ... grin ...

so ... use another software ... or ... buy a better hardware

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 12.08.2019 um 07:46 schrieb mediapia@...:

Bonjour,
Merci.

Hello,
 87 <=> 108MHz at the same time. How to do?
Thank you.

MEDIAPIA

Thank you for your reply. Is there an explanation of software operation explanation? Best Regards.

Le 12/08/2019 à 12:57, Siegfried Jackstien a écrit :

then go and buy another 7 rtl dongles :-)

or buy a better sdr that can direct show you 20 megs bw (just a few on the market and they are not cheap)

if you just wanna "see" over that band then you can use the software "touchstone" from nutsaboutnets

that is a scanning software normally made for the rf explorer ...  but works also with the rtl dongles

that soft scans (as an example) 88 to 108 and displays it in a band scan

how they do it with a 2 megs dongle?? they scan in 2 megs bw "chunks" and stitch them together for display the whole area

cause there is nothing to "decode" (make audio from) the scanning is fast enough (if you do not scan from 24 megs up to 1.8 gig at once hi hi)

there are also other scanning apps available for the rtl dongle (rtlscanner) ... but they all work the same ... scan an area with 2 megs bw parts and glue them together for display ... perfect  would be if that soft scans in 2 megs steps but rtl runs in 2.4 megs bw and the overlap is thrown away (as we know on the ends the dongles fall a bit down in their curve and that area could be thrown out)

that should then show a (more or less) flat scanning sensitivity ...

i do not know if simon will add such a function in sdr console (scanning a bigger area and glue these scans together) ... maybe if he has solved some other things in console and has "nothing else to do" ... grin ...

so ... use another software ... or ... buy a better hardware

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 12.08.2019 um 07:46 schrieb mediapia@...:
Bonjour,
Merci.

Hello,
 87 <=> 108MHz at the same time. How to do?
Thank you.

David J Taylor

Hello, I would like to see the entire FM band
87 <=> 108MHz at the same time. How to do? Thank you.
=======================

Try:

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/spektrum-sv-mod-rtl-sdr-spectrum-analyzer-software-now-with-improved-ui/

This uses multiple frequency steps to extend the basic bandwidth of the single RTL-SDR. Allows you to visualise the entire band. Other similar software is also available.

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter:@gm8arv