Topics

Winradio G31DDC

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: 09 February 2021 22:49
To: 'SDR-Radio' <SDR-Radio@groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Winradio G31DDC

Test kit: https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/posting.php?mode=post&f=63

Ian Pawson G0FCT

Hi Simon,
I've been testing the 3.027 10th Feb kit with my G31DDC. I'm getting the 'nothing found' message when I search for the receiver. I've also tried the 9th Feb kit with the same result. The receiver does connect correctly to the WinRadio software.

73,
Ian G0FCT

Simon Brown

32 or 64-bit Windows?

I've been testing the 3.027 10th Feb kit with my G31DDC. I'm getting the 'nothing found' message when I search for the receiver. I've also tried the 9th Feb kit with the same result. The receiver does connect correctly to the WinRadio software.

73,

Ian G0FCT

Ian Pawson G0FCT

Hi Simon,
Sorry, 64-bit Win10 Pro, 32GB RAM, Xeon processor

73,
Ian G0FCT

Simon Brown

OK,

I’ll get back to you with diagnostics.

Sorry, 64-bit Win10 Pro, 32GB RAM, Xeon processor

73,

Ian G0FCT

Ian,

Run DebugView: https://www.sdr-radio.com/diagnostics#DebugView

Do a Search, get the output from DebugView and post here (in a ZIP) or just send direct to me. There’s lots of diagnostic info in the DebugView output, it’ll be a good start. I assume you installed the G31DDC software, this (I assume) ensures all drivers are in place.

Sorry, 64-bit Win10 Pro, 32GB RAM, Xeon processor

73,

Ian G0FCT

Larry Dodd

How does the G31DDC/G33DDC compare to the ELAD S3 as used on SDR-Console in general terms of sensitivity, spurs, etc.?
Thanks,
Larry, K4LED

Simon Brown

Well,

I ran the S3 and G31DDC at the same time, down at VLF / LF / MW I saw no difference. Antenna was a Wellbrook loop. Strongest SNR was ~95 dB.

Next week I’ll have the whole range here – G33DDC, G39DDC and G65DDC so will take screenshots etc.

How does the G31DDC/G33DDC compare to the ELAD S3 as used on SDR-Console in general terms of sensitivity, spurs, etc.?
Thanks,
Larry, K4LED

Larry Dodd

Thanks Simon. Appreciate that.