WinRadio for at least 15 MHz Instantaneous B/W

Guy Atkins

Edited

Here is an English translation of a RX-888 test which appeared in FUNK Amateur magazine a few months ago.

Some of the test parameters seem non-standard, but more knowledgeable radio hobbyists than myself can decide if the author's methods and conclusions are worthwhile or not. For instance, on page #6 you'll see results of "Side Bath Noise". Clearly, something is lost in translation. Could this refer to phase noise measurements? A figure like "-135dBm/Hz" @1 kHz makes me think so.

73, Guy

jdow

Sideband noise. In principle as a term that would include both amplitude and phase noise and be measured in a "USB/LSB:" style with one side band at a time.

{^_^}

[Edited Message Follows]