Topics

Windows 64-bit JAERO doesn't run

allen KC2KLC

I've successfully used 32-bit JAERO to decode EGC messages (Windows 10), but I'd like to decode 8400 bps voice data, for which the 64-bit version is required. I installed that, but nothing happens (except a momentary revolving of the "Windows toilet bowl") when executing it the EXE from the C:\Program Files\JAERO folder. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it at the C: root level; I also tried running as Administrator, and running the compatibility troubleshooter. Any other ideas? Is there a Windows log somewhere that might tell me what's (not) happening? As far as I can recall, I've never encountered this from any other application before. Thanks for any advice!

jdow

Did you post this to the correct place? It has nothing to do with SDRConsole or SDR-Radio.com software.

{o.o}

On 20210407 17:02:46, allen KC2KLC wrote:
I've successfully used 32-bit JAERO to decode EGC messages (Windows 10), but I'd like to decode 8400 bps voice data, for which the 64-bit version is required. I installed that, but nothing happens (except a momentary revolving of the "Windows toilet bowl") when executing it the EXE from the C:\Program Files\JAERO folder. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it at the C: root level; I also tried running as Administrator, and running the compatibility troubleshooter. Any other ideas? Is there a Windows log somewhere that might tell me what's (not) happening? As far as I can recall, I've never encountered this from any other application before. Thanks for any advice!

allen KC2KLC

I'm using an RSP1A with SDR Console to receive the signal - presumably others are doing this as well. If anyone has a recommendation as to a better place to post this, I'd appreciate it.

jdow

Search for jaero and find their blog or mailing list or whatever. I suspect you are alone regarding jaero on this list.

{^_^}

On 20210408 18:44:43, allen KC2KLC wrote:
I'm using an RSP1A with SDR Console to receive the signal - presumably others are doing this as well. If anyone has a recommendation as to a better place to post this, I'd appreciate it.

David L. Wilson

He isn't (but I run Win 7 64-bit with no problem).