Topics

Win 10 1809 update - killed WSJTX VB-Audio link

Jim T

At Least, I THINK that's what happened.

I updated WSJTX to v2 about a week ago and it was working fine with console and my HF+ and then I gave Mr Gates a chance (1803 was NEVER going to work on this PC - tried at least ten times with various methods - long story) and 1809 seemed to install with no hiccups.

A day or so later I started console, which works fine and I can hear all the detected signals via the PC speakers.  Launched WSJTX v2 connected via the VB-Audio link and immediately had a stack of error messages which I worked through and only the audio errors are a problem now.

Uninstalled WSJTX and re-installed it - no change still a stack of errors.  Also re-installed the 2015 version of VB-Audio from the website, again no change still errors.

Am I the only one with this issue or are there other odd things happening with "update" 1809?

If I'm the only one, then I'll do some more investigation and see what I can uncover.

Cheers all
Jim GM4CXF

David J Taylor

[...]

======================================

Jim,

Any chance it's the microphone privacy issue?

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-camera-and-privacy

Easily resolved!

73,
David GM8ARV (catch me on DMR/4405)
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter:@gm8arv

Jim T

Thanks David.

I had a wander through the privacy settings (enlightening to say the least, and I'd suggest more people do have a look to see what they're allowing).

There was nothing obvious, although I did shut off a few things that were shown as enabled.

Launched SDR Console on 30m and saw many FT8 signals and so launched WSJTX v2 to see if anything had changed.  I'm now able to see and decode FT8 in the WSJTX windows. I really have no idea what's happened.  Only difference is that the PC has been restarted this morning and maybe that cleared/enabled something.

I would like to stop the LOTW warning pane appearing though but, can't find a setting in WSJTX that will stop it from trying to contact the server.  I'll have another look.

Cheers again.

Jim GM4CXF

Alan G4ZFQ

I *would* like to stop the LOTW warning pane appearing though but, can't find a setting in WSJTX that will stop it from trying to contact the server.  I'll have another look.
Jim,

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-error-loading-lotw-users-data.html
It seems you have to have the file whether you use LOTW or not.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Jim T

Thanks Alan.  Worked a treat.

Just need to wait now until the v2 splash screen has had enough views and they remove it at the next update (hopefully).

Cheers

Jim GM4CXF