Topics

Which to choose..AirSpy HF+Discovery or SdrPlay RSP1a

Rand VE4RI

I‘m looking to add one or the other of these sdr’s to work in conjunction with my Icom 7300 as a secondary receiver connected via a MFJ-1708B sdr transmit receive relay. Both receivers are now available. Looking for opinions as to which receiver performs better.

Tnx in advance....Rand VE4RI

Is there intelligent life on Earth? Yes....But I am going home soon!

Simon Brown

Well,

Airspy Discovery has the best strong signal handling whereas SDRplay solutions display a wider bandwidth. For better signal handling than the Discovery be prepared to pay at least $1,000 (US), maybe closer to $5,000.

It’s up to you – it you have strong signal problems try the Discovery, it not and want ~ 5 MHz bandwidth or more then SDRplay.

Plenty of choice – maybe borrow a unit?