Which External Radio to use with satellite tracking? (are they different?)

Kees van Engelen

Edited

Anyone?

What is the difference between the External Radio in the "Receive control" module and the one in the satellite module?
Are they the same ? (doesn't matter which one I use) or are that two distinct functioning ones?
My goal is to use a IC-9700 and that it is controlled by SDR-Console.

Thanks for any tip and trick.
Kees
ON9KVE

Simon Brown

Same radio.

Don't use Yaesu, from memory you can't adjust the TX frequency wile it's transmitting.

What is the difference between the External Radio in the "Receive control" module and the one in the satellite module?
Are they the same ? (doesn't matter which one I use) or are that two distinct functioning ones?
My goal is to use a IC-9700 and that it is controlled by SDR-Console.

Thanks for any tip and trick.
Kees
ON9KVE

Mag loop Simon

Beg to differ

You can on the 3 yaesu’s i have here..
One even has sat tracking switch. ( but is old)

The ftdx3000 with transverter ( or as is) has full tx frequency adjust.

Simon ( just checked them all.) g0zen

Simon Brown

While you are transmitting using CAT to change the frequency?

One even has sat tracking switch. ( but is  old)

The ftdx3000 with transverter ( or as is) has full tx frequency adjust.

Simon ( just checked them all.) g0zen

Mag loop Simon

I will check this eve..