From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of M0ZEH
Sent: 26 January 2020 08:59
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Website on Android

Hi Simon,
The website burger menu on Android won't scroll.
Thanks Steve m0zeh

Max

Steve

I think you mean the drop-down navigation menu burger? It's not supposed to scroll is it? On my phone is fixed top left where it needs to be?

Max

Paul Gulliver

Steve is correct, yes the menu is fixed at the top of the screen but when the menu opens there is no way to scroll to the bottom of the drop down list.

Just tried it on my device using Chrome browser.

Max, can you select Lime SDR option from the drop down menu? I can't.

Paul

On 26/01/2020 at 09:56, Max <radiomax@...> wrote:
Steve

I think you mean the drop-down navigation menu burger? It's not supposed to scroll is it? On my phone is fixed top left where it needs to be?

Max

Simon Brown

OK,

Please – give me more usable info – which menu entry is too long?

Steve is correct, yes the menu is fixed at the top of the screen but when the menu opens there is no way to scroll to the bottom of the drop down list.

Just tried it on my device using Chrome browser.

Max, can you select Lime SDR option from the drop down menu? I can't.

Paul

On 26/01/2020 at 09:56, Max <radiomax@...> wrote:

Steve

I think you mean the drop-down navigation menu burger? It's not supposed to scroll is it? On my phone is fixed top left where it needs to be?

Max

Paul Gulliver

See attached screen shot, I'm unable to scroll downwards past the A-M option, if I try to scroll the lift my finger the home page re appears.

Paul

Max

Paul

Yes, just tried it, Samsung S7, using the Samsung built-in browser I can scroll the menu items perfectly OK right to the bottom. Maybe it is Chrome.

Mobile compatibility of websites is right royal pain, and really any website needs to have a lot of time spent optimising for both desktop and mobile. Simon, there may be other settings in Duda that allow separate optimisation for desktop and mobile viewing? However, I am sure you are already aware of that......  I guess if you go the "whole hog" you need every browser on every platform to get a full preview of every possible viewer. In truth maybe not practical for Simon, even though he does not appear to ever sleep? He has so many other pressing tasks such as the constant stream of requests for SDRC!

In all honesty though, I would think vast majority of the users on Simon's site will be desktop? Maybe I am wrong?

Best

Max

On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 10:06 AM, Paul Gulliver wrote:
Steve is correct, yes the menu is fixed at the top of the screen but when the menu opens there is no way to scroll to the bottom of the drop down list.

Just tried it on my device using Chrome browser.

Paul Gulliver

Max,

I would agree with you there, I hardly ever browse on my phone, I only tried it today because the issue was raised.

Paul

On 26/01/2020 at 10:41, Max <radiomax@...> wrote:

In all honesty though, I would think vast majority of the users on Simon's site will be desktop? Maybe I am wrong?

Best

Max

Ron

On my Xperia ZX Premium with Android 9, Opera had the same problem until I restarted the phone - first time in a couple of months.

Now it scrolls as it should.

Ron, G6BMY

Simon Brown

Paul,

Thanks – can you give me the browser info? I’ll raise it as an issue with duda.com – again, many thanks.