Topics

Watson SDR Wideband SDR receiver 100k--2ghzsoftware

Kevin J Prince

Hi,
Can anyone help me with what software or dll files I need to run the above block.
It's quite an old little block, but not  really had the time to play till now.
Original software went with old Desktop crash.
Regards
Kevin

Jerry Lofstead

Take a look at this GroupsIO Forum:

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 10:42 AM Kevin J Prince <kevin@...> wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone help me with what software or dll files I need to run the above block.
It's quite an old little block, but not  really had the time to play till now.
Original software went with old Desktop crash.
Regards
Kevin

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

Kevin,

The Watson brand was owned by Waters & Stanton, now merged with Nevada. You could try contacting them as both were very hot on support. I suspect this was probably a clone of some other product in its day.

Tom G6PZZ

Can anyone help me with what software or dll files I need to run the above block.
It's quite an old little block, but not  really had the time to play till now.
Original software went with old Desktop crash.
Regards
Kevin

Larry Dodd

Jerry
That was a modified RTL2831 DVB-T Dongle. At the time many programs would run it but I suspect your running into same issue many others have. The .dll has been updated and evidently doesn’t work with that hardware any longer.  If you can find an old version of the RTL2832 driver you might get it to work if you prevent Windows from updating it.
Larry

On Jan 11, 2020, at 10:45 AM, Jerry Lofstead <glofstead@...> wrote:

Take a look at this GroupsIO Forum:

On Sat, Jan 11, 2020 at 10:42 AM Kevin J Prince <kevin@...> wrote:
Hi,
Can anyone help me with what software or dll files I need to run the above block.
It's quite an old little block, but not  really had the time to play till now.
Original software went with old Desktop crash.
Regards
Kevin

Kevin J Prince

Thanks for the replies
I will look at the swskeds@groups.io shortly.
Yes it is a copy of another make, but it wasn't Nevada I'm told. I've phoned quite a few, but it's so old no one really interested. W&S just rebadged it.
OK on the RTL2831 DVB -T dongle. I'm quite sure I don't have that driver (RTL2832), it might have been on my dead desktop from a few years ago.
Once again,
If anyone has the original software package would like to get a copy to see if it runs.
Some follow ups to work on for now though.
I have a feeling, my late Christmas present might yet be a new one rather than trying to resurect this old block.
Regards
Kevin G0NUP

Mikael Dagman

I would just plug it in and run Zadig to get the driver installed, seems to me that its just a regular rtl2832 device