Topics

Wanted: Intel NUC

Some hardware just died – does anyone in the UK have an intel NUC or 3rd-party NUC they want to sell?

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Was that the Server computer that all servers talk to?

Kriss KA1GJU

Simon Brown

No,

A nice Gigabyte Brix . I don’t want to buy a 10th gen NUC – I’m waiting for 11th gen. In an emergency I can put a laptop into service.

What I may do on Monday is buy a 10th gen Intel NUC, 16GB RAM and put Windows server on it.

Was that the Server computer that all servers talk to?

Kriss KA1GJU

FWIW I run:

  1. E-mail server (hMailServer)
  2. Forums
  3. On-Air server
  4. Own SDR Server

1, 2 and 3 are important so over the next week I’ll create these using Hyper-V so if I get a hardware crash I can restart the Hyper-V systems on other hardware, I have spare laptops which can run 1, 2, 3 with ease. This gives me time to get new hardware as needed.

I really want to see how good the 11th gen graphics is as I would like to retire my station PC (i7-4770) GTX 1070 and replace with something which chews up less electricity and doesn’t generate as much crap on VHF.

Was that the Server computer that all servers talk to?

Kriss KA1GJU

Winston

Simon, if you’re interested, I have a 6th gen i3 NUC in a Akasa fanless enclosure. No RAM or SSD. 12-19 VDC is the listed acceptable power range so it would be handy in a mobile or backup configuration. It would be shipped from the USA. Photo attached with top lid open.

The problem is shipping costs, then import burocracy.