Topics

VIDEO PLAYBACK V3.0.25

Jim Berry

Recording works 100%, however when i play back it is upside down.
How do i fix this.
Also i cant seem to change the directory that these video recordings are saved to.
Keeps revertging to the default directory

Jim B VK2QA

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Jim,
You need to change the option for saving from Defauilt to the directory of your choosing.

Record Playback > Video > Options > Folder > Browse (pick folder of your choice by clicking on the Folder to right side of the Browse box)

Now you are telling it to save to the location you chose.
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 4:26 PM Jim Berry <jimbathome@...> wrote:
Recording works 100%, however when i play back it is upside down.
How do i fix this.
Also i cant seem to change the directory that these video recordings are saved to.
Keeps revertging to the default directory

Jim B VK2QA

Simon Brown

Jim,

Seriously – is your monitor upside down and the graphics is detecting this? I’ve never heard this before.

Recording works 100%, however when i play back it is upside down.
How do i fix this.
Also i cant seem to change the directory that these video recordings are saved to.
Keeps revertging to the default directory

Jim B VK2QA

Conrad, PA5Y

You must be using the version designed for the Northern Hemisphere 🙂

Conrad PA5Y

Recording works 100%, however when i play back it is upside down.
How do i fix this.
Also i cant seem to change the directory that these video recordings are saved to.
Keeps revertging to the default directory

Jim B VK2QA

Jim Berry

Yes i am down under, however here is the evidence
The playback screen is upside down where the main screen is the correct way arround

image.png

Regards
Jim B VK2QA

Dennis Matzen

Jim, did you setup you computer or did someone else do it for you. I have one possibility. Your monitor is mounted upside down (rotated 180 degrees) and Windows have been setup to flip the display so it is correct. I just tried this with my system. I flipped my display 180 (now it is upside down), started SDR Console and made a recording. When I played it back (my screen is still flipped) it displayed correctly. So with the display flipped 180 in the windows display settings the playback of the recorded video is 180 degrees off.
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Radioman ZeroZero

Weirdly the file name is not flipped.
--
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

Siegfried Jackstien

Hmmm... Should the name be flipped upside down... Or in reversed order?!?... If i remember right they also drive on wrong side of the road in some countries
Sorry could not resist
Stay safe... Stay on the radio
Dg9bfc sigi

Am 07.10.2020 18:47 schrieb Radioman ZeroZero <radioman@...>:

Weirdly the file name is not flipped.
--
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

Dennis Matzen

Jim, have you tried different video applications to view the file?
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

Simon Brown

Any chance I can get a link to an upside-down video?

I could possibly make one myself.

Recording works 100%, however when i play back it is upside down.
How do i fix this.
Also i cant seem to change the directory that these video recordings are saved to.
Keeps revertging to the default directory

Jim B VK2QA

Patrick

Hi there !

I've been running the built-in video recorder without any problem for month, and yesterday, baaam, same trouble : upside down clip when playing it back.
Here's the link to my post on the SDR Console Facebook group (including a clip) : https://www.facebook.com/patrick.pierrev/videos/10158732638057453

Recorded with Console 3.0.24. I downloaded 3.0.25, same issue
OS is W10.
Note that videos I recorded weeks ago, are OK (not upside down).

Check your monitor is not upside down (I’m serious). Your Facebook page isn’t publicly accessible.

I will check with an upside-down tablet this morning.

I've been running the built-in video recorder without any problem for month, and yesterday, baaam, same trouble : upside down clip when playing it back.
Here's the link to my post on the SDR Console Facebook group (including a clip) : https://www.facebook.com/patrick.pierrev/videos/10158732638057453

Recorded with Console 3.0.24. I downloaded 3.0.25, same issue
OS is W10.
Note that videos I recorded weeks ago, are OK (not upside down).

Patrick

Hi Simon,

<< Check your monitor is not upside down (I’m serious). Your Facebook page isn’t publicly accessible >>

Sorry for the stupid question but how can I check if my monitor is not upside down ?
Everything looks fine except, now, when playing a file recorded with the built-in recorder. As mentioned in my previous post, playing a file that was recorded a few weeks ago is OK.

As for the Facebook page, one can watch the clip if member of the SDR-Console Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrconsole)
My message was posted yesterday evening.

Thanks a lot for the support
Patrick

jdow

Once you have it upright put a little dot of nail polish on the frame at the top?

{O.O}

On 20201020 08:26:20, Patrick wrote:
Hi Simon,

<< Check your monitor is not upside down (I’m serious). Your Facebook page isn’t publicly accessible >>

Sorry for the stupid question but how can I check if my monitor is not upside down ?
Everything looks fine except, now, when playing a file recorded with the built-in recorder. As mentioned in my previous post, playing a file that was recorded a few weeks ago is OK.

As for the Facebook page, one can watch the clip if member of the SDR-Console Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/sdrconsole)
My message was posted yesterday evening.

Thanks a lot for the support
Patrick

Patrick

I just made a test running Windows 10 built-in screen recorder (Windows key + G) and it's fine (no flipped image).
Immediately, playing the same I/Q file, I proceeded to a recording with SDR Console video recorder : upside down image again, when playing it back.

Hope this helps a bit.

jdow

What is the computer you are using? Is it a tablet by any chance?

{^_^}

On 20201020 09:51:13, Patrick wrote:
I just made a test running Windows 10 built-in screen recorder (Windows key + G) and it's fine (no flipped image).
Immediately, playing the same I/Q file, I proceeded to a recording with SDR Console video recorder : upside down image again, when playing it back.

Hope this helps a bit.

Patrick

It's a desktop machine, 2 years old (AMD proc, 16 Go RAM) with a 22" Iiyama monitor.

jdow

So much for that idea. An upside down tablet is somewhat easier to achieve than an upside down desktop. If the monitor is a swivel thing that might leave the software confused. If it is not a rotating portrait/landscape monitor I don't see how the effect could happen.

{^_^}

On 20201020 10:42:05, Patrick wrote:
It's a desktop machine, 2 years old (AMD proc, 16 Go RAM) with a 22" Iiyama monitor.

Patrick

The weird thing is that running W10 screen-recorder makes the problem disappear. It only occurs when using SDR Console built-in video tool.
No idea why, as it was perfectly working a few weeks ago ...

jdow

Did it change a week ago on Tuesday or Wednesday?

{^_^}