Topics

V3 Server, a recent change causing problems?

Mark EI3KD

Before I delve into this further, I just wondered if anyone else is seeing a problem with recent versions of V3 remote server?

I can connect to my remote with any version of the Console installed locally, up to the most recent 3.0.16, as long as the remote is running version 3.0.10. If I install V3.0.14 or V3.0.16 (I didn't check 3.0.12) at the remote location, any version of the local client crashes when trying to connect after a remote radio is selected. In fact, the radio selection is strange, because the bandwidth drop down is completely empty/blank with those later versions installed. Something has changed, somewhere...

Regards, Mark

Simon Brown

Mark,

Crash – show me a screenshot using 3.0.16 connecting to 3.0.16 please.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark EI3KD
Sent: 05 November 2019 13:00
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] V3 Server, a recent change causing problems?

Before I delve into this further, I just wondered if anyone else is seeing a problem with recent versions of V3 remote server?

I can connect to my remote with any version of the Console installed locally, up to the most recent 3.0.16, as long as the remote is running version 3.0.10. If I install V3.0.14 or V3.0.16 (I didn't check 3.0.12) at the remote location, any version of the local client crashes when trying to connect after a remote radio is selected. In fact, the radio selection is strange, because the bandwidth drop down is completely empty/blank with those later versions installed. Something has changed, somewhere...

Regards, Mark

Kriss Kliegle

Just updated two servers here at the QTH with 3.0.16  Build 1680, and everything is working as it should, including the incessant stuttering until I open a browser and open a few tabs. I just can't seem to rid myself of that while using servers w/in my LAN. Outside users haven't complained so something internal. All laptops have been upgraded to newer machines w/W10, new router, gigbit switches, to no avail. The only common denominator is the router is the same model number (replaced along with all other gear during the lightning hit in July).

On another group.io, it's mentioned the last W10 updated changed USB sleep/power settings, so I will now look at that. Probably not an issue since it clears up after a few minutes of air time and then I can roam the bands with SDRC open.

Mark Turner

Simon,

True to form, having finally got the thing working after a few days’ firkling, it now works fine having reinstalled 3.0.16 directly over the top of (the always working) 3.0.10 at the server side. I didn’t save the previous crash dumps because they are simply enormous, sorry…

I think there was something strange with the radio definition, an RTL dongle, on the server which has somehow now been fixed by all my shenanigans.

Anyway, I can try V3 now I have FTTH internet at both ends of the link and hope the ISP doesn’t cap my “unlimited” data!

Regards, Mark