V3.2 Beta - SDRplay

Simon Brown

This will be a public beta later today

With the introduction of the 3.0.10 API some users of the RSP1 and possibly other SDRplay radios are having problems with SDR Console. The logic used in SDR Console is to open a device by matching the saved serial number against the serial number of the available SDRplay devices. For an unknown reason the serial number for the RSP1 may change over time, I have logfiles from a user showing this.

Something else I've noticed is that the RSP1 now has a unique SN, prior to 3.0.10 it was always 1.

To overcome this problem the serial number is now only used if there are more than one SDRplay devices of the same hardware type. So, if you only have one RSP1 / RSP2 / RSPdx etc. then it will be opened irrespective of serial number.

I've added extensive diagnostics in the logfile to help with any future workarounds.

Brent Seres/ VE3CUS

Hi Simon
I use the RSP2, and have just downloaded the latest Beta. The receiver is located in the basement,  and I run the server on an old windows 7 PC there and run console on another Windows 10 PC which I move around the house.  I used to have issues with the audio dropping out from time to time, but for some reason the new beta seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks again
73
Brent
VE3CUS

N2MS

I downloaded the 3.0.10 API. There is a note with it stating:

*WARNING on Windows10/11 breaks API 2 functionality*

Does anyone know what this means? I'd like to find out before upgrading to this API version.

Thanks,

Mike N2MS

On 07/25/2022 1:41 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

[...]

https://g4eli.com
https://sdr-radio.com

Simon Brown

The V2 API no longer works. Most people with SDR Console use the V3 option.

I downloaded the 3.0.10 API. There is a note with it stating:

*WARNING on Windows10/11 breaks API 2 functionality*

Does anyone know what this means? I'd like to find out before upgrading to this API version.

Thanks,

Mike N2MS

> On 07/25/2022 1:41 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:
>

> This will be a public beta later today
>

> With the introduction of the 3.0.10 API some users of the RSP1 and possibly other SDRplay radios are having problems with SDR Console. The logic used in SDR Console is to open a device by matching the saved serial number against the serial number of the available SDRplay devices. For an unknown reason the serial number for the RSP1 may change over time, I have logfiles from a user showing this.
>

> Something else I've noticed is that the RSP1 now has a unique SN, prior to 3.0.10 it was always 1.
>

> To overcome this problem the serial number is now only used if there are more than one SDRplay devices of the same hardware type. So, if you only have one RSP1 / RSP2 / RSPdx etc. then it will be opened irrespective of serial number.
>

> I've added extensive diagnostics in the logfile to help with any future workarounds.
>

> Simon Brown
> https://g4eli.com
> https://sdr-radio.com

N2MS

Been spending most of my time outdoors hiking, swimming and operating portable. This is the first rainy day we've had in a month so I am doing upgrades on my W10 Laptop.

I ungraded to the SDRC 3.2 Beta and will upgrade SDRUno to version 1.42-0728 to to version 3.10 API. Should I expect any issues with this new API with SDRC?

The downside of being outdoors - hard to see the laptop screen to difficult to use SDRC.

Mike N2MS

On 08/01/2022 9:36 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

The V2 API no longer works. Most people with SDR Console use the V3 option.

Simon Brown
https://g4eli.com
https://sdr-radio.com

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW <dale.elshoff@...>

I am running W10, 64-bit with SDR Console 64-bit, build 2676 (July 25, 2022) and updated SDRUno to 1.42=0720 (API 3.10 is included with this install).

No problems, everything is working superbulously - SDRPlay RSPdx and an Airspy R2.

Dale

On 8/1/2022 12:15 PM, N2MS wrote:
Been spending most of my time outdoors hiking, swimming and operating portable. This is the first rainy day we've had in a month so I am doing upgrades on my W10 Laptop. I ungraded to the SDRC 3.2 Beta and will upgrade SDRUno to version 1.42-0728 to to version 3.10 API. Should I expect any issues with this new API with SDRC? The downside of being outdoors - hard to see the laptop screen to difficult to use SDRC. Mike N2MS
On 08/01/2022 9:36 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote: The V2 API no longer works. Most people with SDR Console use the V3 option. Simon Brown https://g4eli.com https://sdr-radio.com

N2MS

Dale,

Thanks for the feedback. I will give it a try.

Mike N2MS

On 8/1/2022 12:15 PM, N2MS wrote:

Been spending most of my time outdoors hiking, swimming and operating portable. This is the first rainy day we've had in a month so I am doing upgrades on my W10 Laptop. I ungraded to the SDRC 3.2 Beta and will upgrade SDRUno to version 1.42-0728 to to version 3.10 API. Should I expect any issues with this new API with SDRC? The downside of being outdoors - hard to see the laptop screen to difficult to use SDRC. Mike N2MS
On 08/01/2022 9:36 AM Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote: The V2 API no longer works. Most people with SDR Console use the V3 option. Simon Brown https://g4eli.com https://sdr-radio.com

N2MS

I did the updates ant my RSPDuo is working fine.