Topics

UTC and DST

Noel

Good morning. I have posted this question/observation on the sdr-radio.com forum but it hasn't elicited a response just yet.

Now we're in Summer time I'm seeing a discrepancy (when replaying recorded files) in the time stamp on the waterfall, which is showing correctly as UTC, and the time shown in the the bottom left box of the waterfall and in playback navigator. Both of these are showing DST. See screenshot.

In waterfall/extras both Timestamp and Clock have UTC/GMT checked.

When playing live radio both the waterfall timestamp and the bottom left box show UTC.

When replaying shouldn't all 3 times show UTC?
--
Noel

Clacton, southeast England
N51.78 E1.14
Perseus, SDRPlay RSP2, Icom R8500
FCDPro+, BCT15X, AR8000.
pa0rdt, mini-windom, discone

Simon Brown

Ah,

I’ll have to check this. I’ll try quickly now and see what I find.

Good morning. I have posted this question/observation on the sdr-radio.com forum but it hasn't elicited a response just yet.

Now we're in Summer time I'm seeing a discrepancy (when replaying recorded files) in the time stamp on the waterfall, which is showing correctly as UTC, and the time shown in the the bottom left box of the waterfall and in playback navigator. Both of these are showing DST. See screenshot.

In waterfall/extras both Timestamp and Clock have UTC/GMT checked.

When playing live radio both the waterfall timestamp and the bottom left box show UTC.

When replaying shouldn't all 3 times show UTC?
--
Noel

Clacton, southeast England
N51.78 E1.14
Perseus, SDRPlay RSP2, Icom R8500
FCDPro+, BCT15X, AR8000.
pa0rdt, mini-windom, discone

So,

When selecting a recording check UTC. This isn’t super-intuitive.

[...]

That's the one! Thank you, Simon.
Regards