From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry - K1UO
Sent: 13 October 2021 14:37
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Using SDR Console with Flex 6XXX radio

I have somehow got my Flex 6300 radio tied through the Flex CAT and OmniRig to my SDR Play RSPdx. Everything is as far as I can tell tracking beautifully, even the RIT!
I just have one question at the moment. I am using SDR-C version 3.0.26 and there is no DIGI-u or DIGI-L Mode in the Console Mode list so what happens is the Console reverts to Wide-U Mode and causes the Flex SDR to switch to the USB Mode instead of the Digi U that is best to use with Flex for Digital Modes.
Is it possible to add these MODES into the SDR-Console mode list and set them to 3K bw default?
--
Larry - K1UO

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Larry - K1UO

Hi Simon,

Whenever I set the Mode in the Flex slice window to DIGI-U the Mode in SDR-C reverts to WIDE-U and that in turn changes the Mode to USB in the Flex (and of course also sets the Flex to a narrower bw setting associated with the Flex USB setting)

Hope I explained this clearly?

--
Larry - K1UO

Larry - K1UO

Something else I just noticed when in SDR-C external radio TRACKING on I get an initial PTT for a second then it drops off and I lose power out from the TX radio (Flex 6300)
I have to disable the SDR-C TRACKING to get my TX PTT for the radio back. Not sure how to "fix" this yet.

--
Larry - K1UO

Larry - K1UO

Hi Simon,
A bit more observation:
As far as Band selection, Mode and PTT between the SDR_C and Flex. everything sets up fine between SDR-C and my Flex profiles on any previously set CW and SSB Modes/frequencies profiles and TX ptt. SDR_C follows perfectly with Mode as long as I use CW or SSB.

However, Once I go to any Flex profiles that were set up using DIGI-U Mode then the Flex digital profile comes up in USB Mode and the SDR_C reverts to WIDE-U Mode and something happens to my TX PTT. It gets disabled by SDR-C.

--
Larry - K1UO

Simon Brown

Larry,

Look at this options page (External Radio, [?]).

As far as Band selection, Mode and PTT between the SDR_C and Flex.  everything sets up fine between SDR-C and  my Flex profiles on any previously set CW and SSB Modes/frequencies profiles and TX ptt.    SDR_C follows perfectly with Mode as long as I use CW or SSB.

However, Once I go to any Flex profiles that were set up using DIGI-U Mode then the Flex digital profile comes up in USB Mode and the SDR_C reverts to WIDE-U Mode and something happens to my TX PTT.  It gets disabled by SDR-C.

--

Larry - K1UO

Larry - K1UO

Thanks Simon... It appears I will need to set my Flex Radio profiles to USB for digital work since Omni-Rig apparently doesnt support DIGi-U and DIGI-L for handling Digital Modes.
Modes.

Thank you for the help and guidance.. This is actually working great and saves me from setting up the SDR and the Radio independently as before!!

--
Larry - K1UO

Larry - K1UO

Simon, Where exactly did you find this page? I cant seem to locate it. It would be handy to edit the Console to Radio side to match Wide-u/l to Digi-U/L

--
Larry - K1UO

Larry - K1UO

And , of ,course, I find the page right after asking you where to look!!
Best to you, Larry k1UO
--
Larry - K1UO

Simon Brown