From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of PA5M via groups.io <pa5m@...>
Sent: 01 August 2022 09:40
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] usb relay, which one to order?

Hi guys,

I would like to switch between antennas with the SDR Console program.
For that I would need to have a USB relay board.

What type of cards would work nowadays with SDR Console?

73e Michael

As far as i know usb relays only be used to switch ptt but not between antennas..
A band data out via usb could solve that.. Say you want to switch to the beam on 10 to 20m and to the dipole on 40 and 80m..
If your two antennas are one for transmit and (maybe a beverage) one for receive.. Ok then you could use a usb relay.
Hth?
Greetz sigi dg9bfc

I would like to switch between antennas with the SDR Console program.
For that I would need to have a USB relay board.

What type of cards would work nowadays with SDR Console?

73e Michael

PA5M

Hi Sigi,

Yes the idea is to use the relay to switch a small coax relay.

Simon,  For some reason I didn't see the (latest?) details on the boards on your page.
I have now ordered the 2-channel board and will test it when back home from my holidays in Norway.

73e Michael
PA5M

Max

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:10 AM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
A band data out via usb could solve that.. Say you want to switch to the beam on 10 to 20m and to the dipole on 40 and 80m..
If your two antennas are one for transmit and (maybe a beverage) one for receive.. Ok then you could use a usb relay.

I've got one of these. Band Data Decoder. Intend to use for auto switching the LPF relays in my HF LDMOS linear.

Also perhaps auto switch-in of transverters fed from my HL2.

Assembled a lot of parts but not got around to any of it like so many other things, but one day........

https://remoteqth.com/arduino-band-decoder.php

Max

Siegfried Jackstien

for shortwave that may work ... but i need vhf uhf shf (and maybe higher with transverters) and as far as i know cat does not support such high "bands" very well

vhf uhf may work ... but 6cm or higher??

i was thinking of direct control of usb relays from console (there are 8 and even 16 channel boards available) ... not a box that grabs cat command and translated that with an arduino ... that works surely with your hl2  but i want to use it with a pluto on very high bands

dg9bfc sigi

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 09:56 PM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
as far as i know cat does not support such high "bands" very well
Taught me something there Sigi. Had no idea. Maybe to do  with the number of bits available for the frequency?

Max

Siegfried Jackstien

exactly ... thats also why some dx cluster on internet do not report 13cm and above very well ;-)

dg9bfc sigi

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 04:29 PM, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:
exactly ... thats also why some dx cluster on internet do not report 13cm and above very well ;-)
Ah. Explains all!

Max