From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io [mailto:main@SDR-Radio.groups.io] On Behalf Of MIKE HAMMOND
Sent: 11 September 2019 15:43
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] USB Problem

I have a Lime mini usb and do not want it ON being connected to a usb port
on my PC all the time so I purchased a USB switch allegedly switching all usb lines.
It appears to switch off and back on again ie the lime mini switches off
BUT when on  or off will not allow sdr console to boot.
The "Bandwidth" window in sdr console remains empty therefore will not progress.
Removing the switch allows sdr console to boot normally.
The switch is from from HMBG GMBH Model 1402 (EU 12) via Amazon
Any thoughts or ideas
73 de Mike G3PGA

_._,_._,_

MIKE HAMMOND

Hi Allan,

tnx for the reply.

I have just tried this with a memory stick and fine that I can read a file from the stick but CANNOT write to it.

Would that suggest a faulty item???

73 de Mike G3PGA

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 16:12, Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

Very odd… Mike

Does the switch work with anything else such as a memory stick?

73 Allan G3PIY

I have a Lime mini usb and do not want it ON being connected to a usb port
on my PC all the time so I purchased a USB switch allegedly switching all usb lines.
It appears to switch off and back on again ie the lime mini switches off
BUT when on  or off will not allow sdr console to boot.
The "Bandwidth" window in sdr console remains empty therefore will not progress.
Removing the switch allows sdr console to boot normally.
The switch is from from HMBG GMBH Model 1402 (EU 12) via Amazon
Any thoughts or ideas
73 de Mike G3PGA

Siegfried Jackstien

send it back ...

if you can not even use a memory stick with it in BOTH directions ... its not ok

no wonder lime does not work

dg9bfc sigi

Am 11.09.2019 um 16:03 schrieb MIKE HAMMOND:

[...]

Allan Isaacs

It does sound duff.

Why not cut a cable and insert a switch?

I repaired one the other day after the cat had chewed it.

Allan G3PIY

I have just tried this with a memory stick and fine that I can read a file from the stick but CANNOT write to it.

Would that suggest a faulty item???

73 de Mike G3PGA

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 16:12, Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

Very odd… Mike

Does the switch work with anything else such as a memory stick?

73 Allan G3PIY

Siegfried Jackstien

thank god it was just an usb cable ... brzbrz brz ... grilled cat

dg9bfc sigi

Allan Isaacs

Yes, I'm a bit worried Sigi as its always biting the mains cables. I hope it
does not become an ex-cat...
That USB cable looked OK until I plugged it in and it got extremely hot.
That's USB3 for you... lots of mA.
73 Allan G3PIY