The widest signal on the band today award goes to...

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Look at this gem this AM!
Well, after all, it is called the "Children's Band" is it not?
100kHz wide on voice peaks, with spurs as far as +/- 125kHz !
But alas, his AM signal was not intelligible. 🤪

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Don Moman VE6JY

That's "narrow"... I've seen them cover over several megahertz! Good grief.  And yes nothing decipherable even if one wanted to listen to that garbage...

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 12:04 PM Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU <kliegle@...> wrote:
Look at this gem this AM!
Well, after all, it is called the "Children's Band" is it not?
100kHz wide on voice peaks, with spurs as far as +/- 125kHz !
But alas, his AM signal was not intelligible. 🤪

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Brian Morrison

On Mon, 05 Dec 2022 11:04:24 -0800
"Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU" <kliegle@...> wrote:

Look at this gem this AM!
Well, after all, it is called the "Children's Band" is it not?
100kHz wide on voice peaks, with spurs as far as +/- 125kHz !
But alas, his AM signal was not intelligible. 🤪
Perhaps he had tightened up all the ferrite slugs in his rig?

--

Brian G8SEZ

Simon Brown

Just FWIW I've heard more interesting technical talk on CB than on the ham bands. If you want wide AM you'll find it on 75m at times...

Well, after all, it is called the "Children's Band" is it not?
100kHz wide on voice peaks, with spurs as far as +/- 125kHz !
But alas, his AM signal was not intelligible. 🤪

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Bob Martin

It's a Russian Jammer!

Just FWIW I've heard more interesting technical talk on CB than on the ham bands. If you want wide AM you'll find it on 75m at times...

Well, after all, it is called the "Children's Band" is it not?
100kHz wide on voice peaks, with spurs as far as +/- 125kHz !
But alas, his AM signal was not intelligible. 🤪

73 Kriss KA1GJU

.

jdow

Powered Microphone Syndrome. (The other PMS.)

{^_^}