System Error Message Help, Please . . . .

Stephanie Battaglino

Hello Simon, et. al.,

Up to now, I have been running the new v3.1 without issue for my Perseus, WinRadio Excalibur, and Elad FDM-S2.  Love the interface!  I am operating in a Win 10 environment.

Then today, strangely, I went to launch Console and I unexpectedly received this error message:

"The code execution cannot proceed because mfc140u.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I tried re-installing twice - after deleting whatever had preceded it and I still get the same system error message.  I looked in the directory and could not find the .dll in question.

Any assistance in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated!  And apologies in advance if this has come up before in this group.

Appreciate the help and Thank You for all you do for DXers everywhere!

Warm Regards,

Stephanie Battaglino
Palm Desert, CA

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW

Hi Stephanie,

I searched my whole hard drive and I didn't find mfc140u.dll.  I am operating 64-bit Windows 10 and SDR Console 64-bit.  According to https://www.techidence.com/how-to-fix-mfc140u-dll-is-missing-on-windows-10-8-and-7/ "Like most DLL library errors, the MFC140u.dll error is related to the legacy library set of Visual Studio C++, a program that provides Windows with the tools necessary to run certain graphics programs."

You might try running sfc /scannow from an Administrative command prompt.  This will check that all system files are present.  Check online to see if any options should be selected.

That is about all I can think of until Simon is available.

Regards,
Dale WB8CJW

On 10/5/2021 6:52 PM, Stephanie Battaglino wrote:
[...]

Siegfried Jackstien

see here

https://www.sdr-radio.com/download

scroll down to

C++ Redistributables

there it says

if the message is  ' Msvcp140.dll not found ' then the 2019 kit must be reinstalled.

  • 120 => 2013 Redistributable
  • 140 => 2019 Redistributable

To reinstall, select a kit from the SDR-Radio.com (V3) Tools entry in the Start Menu (see image).

  • Uninstall, then
  • Install.

⚠️ Never copy missing DLLs manually, always use the Redistributable kits.

so uninstall then reinstall THE C++KIT !! ... not just the software but main thing is the c++ kit!! ... then you should not have that error anymore

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 06.10.2021 um 01:20 schrieb Dale Elshoff WB8CJW:

[...]

It worked!!!  Thank you very much, Dale and Siegfried!

Kind Regards,

Stephanie

Siegfried Jackstien

youre welcome

thats what these groups are made for .. not?!?

dg9bfc sigi