Topics

Supplier experience

sm6fhz

Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Paul Mclaren MM0ZBH

ITEAD are the real deal and are part of the design/manufacture team of the HF+.  I preordered my HF+ when they were announced with delivery via China Post or whatever the postal option was.   It was delivered as agreed and has performed flawlessly since.

I bought mine to replace an RSP2 for 160m/80m reception near a AM broadcaster and I use it remote with Simons software.  No plans to change it for anything else at the moment.

Regards

Paul MM0ZBH

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 at 08:48, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:
Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Mikael Dagman

Hi, I have ordred an airspy mini and a spyverter at two different accations and the delivery have been quite fast both times, so to my expeience they have done a good job shipping them out promptly.

/Mikael

Tracey Gardner

I have ordered all three Airspy variants direct from ITEAD and their service has been excellent.
I cannot fault their delivery/order handling time, communication, or responsiveness.

So in answer to your question I am happy with them and they deliver the "real thing"

73s Tracey G5VU

An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Jim Smith G0OFE

Ordered my first HF+ from them last year. No problems.

So far as I know, they are Airspy's "direct" source, as opposed to buying from a reseller such as ham radio stores in the UK.

================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 25/11/2018 08:48, sm6fhz wrote:
Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Paul Mclaren MM0ZBH

On a related note about the HF+ I have found in a scenario where you need a remote server using the SDR Radio Server software with the HF+  gives greatly superior strong signal handling over the native Airspy Spyserver software.    With Spyserver the effect of strong nearby signals on weaker signals can be noticed but it is not seen with SDR Radio server.  I listen to a lot of CW and using Spyserver with the HF+ I could alway tell when someone with a big signal was down the band.

I guess Simon does some more coding server side to make this work.

Regards

Paul

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 at 08:48, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:
Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Simon Brown

Simon does 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

[...]

Allan Isaacs

Did you have to pay duty or VAT when it was delivered Jim?

Allan G3PIY

Ordered my first HF+ from them last year. No problems.

So far as I know, they are Airspy's "direct" source, as opposed to buying from a reseller such as ham radio stores in the UK.

================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 25/11/2018 08:48, sm6fhz wrote:

Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Paul Mclaren MM0ZBH

Not with the postal option but that is luck although seems to be quite common that nothing gets added.

Regards

Paul

On Sun, 25 Nov 2018 at 09:49, Allan Isaacs <allan@...> wrote:

[...]

Ken Alexander

Hi Ingolf,

I own 3 Airspys and 2 Spyverters, all purchased from iTead when I still lived in Canada.

I believe iTead is the original manufacturer, so they all come iTead regardless of who you buy them from.

Their service has been excellent.  A few years ago I wanted to track a delivery that was taking too long because of the heavy Christmas mail volumes.  I enquired and iTead e-mailed me all of my shipping and customs documents in about an hour!  When they provide service like that I will happily order from them again.

73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
So Phisai, Thailand

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018, 15:48 sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@... wrote:
Hi all.
An slightly off topic question with relation to the recent post about the Black Friday coupon.
Does anyone have experience of ITEAD as an supplier of the Airspy HF+ (or any other product)?
How do they perform with respect to delivery time/order handling time, clear communication, responsiveness, etc?
You who have used them, are you satisfied with them as a supplier or have you has issues with them?
Are they delivering the "real thing" or merely a "good copy"?
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

Jon Fear

Cannot fault Itead. I have ordered by Mini, HF+ and R2 from them with no issues. Now have a second R2 on the way. No customs charges so far but that is by mail rather than courier. They are the manufacturer for the Airspy products.

Jim Smith G0OFE

I can't remember for the life of me! I'll have to do some digging.....

================================

On 25/11/2018 09:47, Allan Isaacs wrote:

[...]

Thanks to all for the answers!
The reason for asking is that I ordered a Airspy HF+ Saturday, using the Black Friday coupon, but I have not yet received any order confirmation, except for the one I got from PayPal. Usually, you get a computer generated confirmation within a few minutes after ordering from the Chinese Web-shops. I guess they are handling it manually at ITEAD, so I have to wait until Monday to get one. I got however a order number on the screen when the payment was complete. Tried to find a way to use that for a search on their web page for order info, but did not find such a service.

Thanks for mentioning the server application info as that was my intention to use it for MW-DX with the Airspy HF+ and a server at my summer house enabling me to listen from my city QTH. Just to avoid the big noise and limited antenna space at the city QTH.

Just to tell about the Postal service situation in Sweden; since this spring an fee of ~€7.5 for all packages from China plus VAT (both on the value of the goods and on the fee!!) was introduced. You CAN NOT escape from it! The inflow of packages from China dropped from 150000 to 15000 per day by that. So we have to take that into account when buying from China :-(

73 es Tnx agn / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

D R

Hi Ingolf,

Exactly the same experience with the one I ordered on Friday.  I think the emails may only be sent after the order has been dispatched, so that the tracking link can be included.  I don't think anyone had a problem with Itead when the HF+ was first released last Dec/Jan, as far as I can recall, although I bought my first one from a UK supplier.

Regards,
Dave

On Sunday, 25 November 2018, 12:43:03 GMT, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Dave.
Have you heard anything from ITEAD so far? I mailed them this morning and got this replay at lunchtime (Swedish time):

Snipe
Dear Ingolf,

it is backordered
Please wait for the shipment in about one week
thx
end Snipe.

When I placed the order it clearly said "In stock" in bright green text for this Airspy HF+. It still says so.
I can not say I am impressed nor totally happy with the way ITEAD communicates their ability to deliver their goods. As I understand it, it was a totally false statement.

I do hope the "week" they now communicate is more true than previous statements.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

D R

Hi Ingolf,

I emailed them last night and got the same reply back as you.  Not much we can do except wait and grumble, I suppose.  We'll have to see what happens next week, then a couple of messages to Yousef Touill might be in order to see what levers he can pull.

Regards,
Dave

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018, 18:06:42 GMT, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:

Hi Dave.
Have you heard anything from ITEAD so far? I mailed them this morning and got this replay at lunchtime (Swedish time):

Snipe
Dear Ingolf,

it is backordered
Please wait for the shipment in about one week
thx
end Snipe.

When I placed the order it clearly said "In stock" in bright green text for this Airspy HF+. It still says so.
I can not say I am impressed nor totally happy with the way ITEAD communicates their ability to deliver their goods. As I understand it, it was a totally false statement.

I do hope the "week" they now communicate is more true than previous statements.

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

Hi Dave.
Have you got any delivery information from ITEAD on you Airspy HF+ order so far?
Here has been quiet. I mailed them again yesterday (after one week of silence), but nor response at all to my query about when it would be shipped.
They are not great on delivering nor on communicating. I hope they are not going to blow us on our money or Airspy HF+
I have received no order confirmation from ITEAD, other than the one I got from PayPal at the payment. Sad. Poor.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

D R

Hi Ingolf,

I asked them again yesterday as well and got a reply this morning saying the radios are going through final testing, and that they "hoped" to ship them by the end of the week, so nothing has changed from last week.  Keep your fingers crossed for another couple of days!

Regards,
Dave

On Wednesday, 5 December 2018, 16:20:35 GMT, sm6fhz <ingolf.fhz@...> wrote:

Hi Dave.
Have you got any delivery information from ITEAD on you Airspy HF+ order so far?
Here has been quiet. I mailed them again yesterday (after one week of silence), but nor response at all to my query about when it would be shipped.
They are not great on delivering nor on communicating. I hope they are not going to blow us on our money or Airspy HF+
I have received no order confirmation from ITEAD, other than the one I got from PayPal at the payment. Sad. Poor.
73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

sm6fhz

Thanks for info Dave!
I hope I will get the same respond soon then, and that they will live up to their promise.
73 / Ingolf

D R

Did you just reply to their previous email, Ingolf, or send a new message from their website Contact page?  I did both, but it was the new "ticket" they responded to.

Regards,
Dave