Topics

Super magnify questions on 3.0.17

Jerry Lofstead

USB AM

On Sun, Dec 1, 2019, 1:54 PM Zacharias Liangas via Groups.Io <zliangas=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Below is  screenshot using the 3.0.17 version that shows that near the higheet zooms the spectrum is digitally zoomed rather than pysically
Could this revert to b more natural ? I m sure that carriers are not so thick as the  screenshot shows
Just also notice that the sonogram carrier seems 'offset' from the spectrum depiction...
(these photos are from the previous days )

Simon Brown

OK,

A few comments:

  • Use the maximum available resolution: Ribbon bar, View, Waterfall, Resolution
  • The Spectrum (top) and Waterfall (bottom) had different FFT sizes, so the bins will not be at the same place.
  • I can provide high speed or high resolution. Both at the same time is not easy.

Below is  screenshot using the 3.0.17 version that shows that near the higheet zooms the spectrum is digitally zoomed rather than pysically
Could this revert to b more natural ? I m sure that carriers are not so thick as the  screenshot shows
Just also notice that the sonogram carrier seems 'offset' from the spectrum depiction...
(the one  photo is  from the previous days )

Siegfried Jackstien

yepp ... run lower line speed gets better resolution :-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 01.12.2019 um 20:02 schrieb Simon Brown:

OK,

A few comments:

  • Use the maximum available resolution: Ribbon bar, View, Waterfall, Resolution
  • The Spectrum (top) and Waterfall (bottom) had different FFT sizes, so the bins will not be at the same place.
  • I can provide high speed or high resolution. Both at the same time is not easy.

Below is  screenshot using the 3.0.17 version that shows that near the higheet zooms the spectrum is digitally zoomed rather than pysically
Could this revert to b more natural ? I m sure that carriers are not so thick as the  screenshot shows
Just also notice that the sonogram carrier seems 'offset' from the spectrum depiction...
(the one  photo is  from the previous days )

jdow

Get a faster CPU and video card. SDR-Radio couples update rate to number of FFT bins with both depending on how much compute capability exists on your machine. You are seeing FFT bins there.
{^_^}