Streaming at 60MHz Bandwidth

Simon Brown

So,

Just FWIW I now have this little beasty https://radio.taphere.com/ streaming at 60MHz bandwidth, see attachment (DAB multiplexes). The innards are designed around the Analog Devices AD9361 (I think).

I have no information about price nor availability.

Larry Dodd

Simon,
Very interesting. 12 bit I assume to be able to handle 60 MHz b/w on a USB 3 port? I have contacted the company to inquire by email about availability and cost. I assume then it will run on SDR-Console with the HF extension?
Thanks,
Larry, K4LED

On Oct 11, 2021, at 9:33 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

So,

Just FWIW I now have this little beasty https://radio.taphere.com/ streaming at 60MHz bandwidth, see attachment (DAB multiplexes). The innards are designed around the Analog Devices AD9361 (I think).

I have no information about price nor availability.

Attachments:

Siegfried Jackstien

a pluto rev c on steroids?? (better tcxo and usb c)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 11.10.2021 um 15:33 schrieb Simon Brown:

So,

Just FWIW I now have this little beasty https://radio.taphere.com/ streaming at 60MHz bandwidth, see attachment (DAB multiplexes). The innards are designed around the Analog Devices AD9361 (I think).

I have no information about price nor availability.

Max

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 02:33 PM, Simon Brown wrote:
Just FWIW I now have this little beasty https://radio.taphere.com/ streaming at 60MHz bandwidth
Simon

A while ago you hinted that a new wideband SDR was in the pipeline possibly from one of known manufacturers? Is this it or is that still to come?

I am wondering whether to go for an RX888 to replace my RSP2Pro or if it's worth hanging on for a while?

Max

Simon Brown

Yes,

Still to come, being developed.

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 02:33 PM, Simon Brown wrote:

Just FWIW I now have this little beasty https://radio.taphere.com/ streaming at 60MHz bandwidth

Simon

A while ago you hinted that a new wideband SDR was in the pipeline possibly from one of known manufacturers? Is this it or is that still to come?

I am wondering whether to go for an RX888 to replace my RSP2Pro or if it's worth hanging on for a while?

Max

Curt Faulk

Max, I'm glad you asked this.

I've been wondering about this since Simon mentioned it last year.  I guess we wait a bit longer.

Erik. M0MWF

Yeah that quip wasn't lost on me either, yearning for an answer too.

And yet I'm not quite sure why - I've a number of SDRs and less and less time to experiement / play with them. Never been so busy.

The portability looks amazing though...

Regards.