Topics

Stand-Alone Satellite Tracking Program #satellites #workspace #request #future

thepipvanwinkle@...

I would like to put forward the idea of adding a separate satellite tracker that would not require SDR Console to be open (like Simon's World Map but with satellite tracking). It could still be able to control direct tuning of RX or TX freq's in SDR Console or could also be used in tandem with other SDR programs. In my honest opinion your satellite tracker is the cleanest of all that I have come across.

Simon Brown

OK,

What would you use it for? It would need integrating into 32rd-party software.

I would like to put forward the idea of adding a separate satellite tracker that would not require SDR Console to be open (like Simon's World Map but with satellite tracking). It could still be able to control direct tuning of RX or TX freq's in SDR Console or could also be used in tandem with other SDR programs. In my honest opinion your satellite tracker is the cleanest of all that I have come across.

there are other tracking software out ... but maybe simon wants to write his own standalone soft??

i use orbitron ... yes very old ... but does its job

dg9bfc sigi

Am 23.03.2021 um 01:24 schrieb thepipvanwinkle@...:

I would like to put forward the idea of adding a separate satellite tracker that would not require SDR Console to be open (like Simon's World Map but with satellite tracking). It could still be able to control direct tuning of RX or TX freq's in SDR Console or could also be used in tandem with other SDR programs. In my honest opinion your satellite tracker is the cleanest of all that I have come across.

SM0TGU

No need to be a separate program. Just do not start a SDR receiver. I do that all the time.
/Lars