Topics

sound distorted when receifer is not in the middle of the spectrum #sdrconsolev3 #bug

Michael Müller

hi, i had the issue that the sound is distorted when the active receifer is´nt in the middle of the spectrum/waterfall.
even if there is only a little offset, the sound ist distorted anyway.
this happens in usb and lsb, but not in am.

i am using version 3.0.14, a downgrade to 3.0.11 had the same issue.

i am using as sdr elad fdm-s2

thanks in advance

michael

If you are using a SDRplay radio please see https://www.sdr-radio.com/Radios/SDRplay look at Bandwidth. Reduce bandwidth to 2.048 MHz or less.

hi, i had the issue that the sound is distorted when the active receifer is´nt in the middle of the spectrum/waterfall.
even if there is only a little offset, the sound ist distorted anyway.
this happens in usb and lsb, but not in am.

i am using version 3.0.14, a downgrade to 3.0.11 had the same issue.

i am using as sdr elad fdm-s2

thanks in advance

michael

Michael Müller

Thank you very much, Simon.

As i wrote, i´m using ELAD FDM - S2.
Ii´ve forgotten to mention - i used ELAD for some Years and never had this issue afair.
Reducing the Bandwith to 1,536Mhz solves the Problem at the moment, thx, but its not that satifying... :-)
Att -20db didn´t make any change.
There is no possibility to change the gain with ELAD.

Michael

Simon Brown

OK,

I missed the radio type. Anyway I assume that the problem is due to the center spur – it can’t be anything else.

Ii´ve forgotten to mention - i used ELAD for some Years and never had this issue afair.
Reducing the Bandwith to 1,536Mhz solves the Problem at the moment, thx, but its not that satifying... :-)
Att -20db didn´t make any change.
There is no possibility to change the gain with ELAD.

Michael

jdow

ELAD FM I believe he said. And he said it's distorted when NOT tuned to the center, which is really odd.

{^_^}

On 20191004 03:43:11, Simon Brown wrote:
OK,
I missed the radio type. Anyway I assume that the problem is due to the center spur – it can’t be anything else.
Simon Brown, G4ELI
https://www.sdr-radio.com <https://www.sdr-radio.com/>
Ii´ve forgotten to mention - i used ELAD for some Years and never had this issue afair.
Reducing the Bandwith to 1,536Mhz solves the Problem at the moment, thx, but its not that satifying... :-)
Att -20db didn´t make any change.
There is no possibility to change the gain with ELAD.
Michael

Michael Müller

I wrote the sound ist distorted when the (correctly tuned!) active receifer is not in the middle of the (whole 6Mhz) spectrum.

Time to send some screenshots.

Ii´ve forgotten to mention - i used ELAD for some Years and never had this issue afair.
Reducing the Bandwith to 1,536Mhz solves the Problem at the moment, thx, but its not that satifying... :-)
Att -20db didn´t make any change.
There is no possibility to change the gain with ELAD.

Michael

Allan Isaacs

Is your AGC turned off?

Allan G3PIY