Simon's World Map 1.2.3

Simon Brown

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .

Better zooming quality and custom 7, 14 segment fonts for the clock display. Also lots of minor tweaks and twiddles.

Jeff Kelly <jkelly@...>

The link for the world map didn’t work for me, but this does:

On Mar 15, 2022, at 8:03 AM, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .

Better zooming quality and custom 7, 14 segment fonts for the clock display. Also lots of minor tweaks and twiddles.

Attachments:

Curt Faulk

OK... I've been using Simon's World Map for years.  It just keeps getting better and better.

Now, I'm interested in using the rotator control that is built into it.  Using a controller like an ERC Mini sounds perfect.

My current rotator is one of those cheap (but effective) RCA VH226E models.  The control cable is a 3-conductor cable.  I'm not sure what signals go down the cable from the supplied RCA controller, but I suspect they are signals for clockwise, anti-clockwise, and possibly position sensing, but that is just a guess.

I imagine it should be a simple matter to get the ERC Mini to control this rotator.  A primary concern is setting rotation limits so it doesn't continue in rotation past 360° from a set zero point.

This should work, shouldn't it?  It will be really cool to use Simon's World Map Rotator control to control my Wellbrook loop.

Jim Smith G0OFE

If it only has three wires, then would think it's for turning only and you wont get any direction indication other than what the control box thinks it is. I had one like that and sometimes I would have to recalibrate it as the control indicator was out of sync with the real direction.

================================
Need help with SDR Console? If you have a problem:
Go to https://www.sdr-radio.com/support
Please follow instructions in that link.
===================================
Jim, Bournemouth, Dorset. IO90BR.

On 15/03/2022 14:35, Curt Faulk wrote:
[...]

Jim, thanks for the answer.  So, 3 wires... clockwise, anticlockwise, and ground?

Alan G4ZFQ

On 15/03/2022 15:50, Curt Faulk wrote:
Jim, thanks for the answer.  So, 3 wires... clockwise, anticlockwise, and ground?
A 3 wire I have is 2 for motor, DC, reverse polarity.
One for position pot, not sure how that worked. Probably not very well. I made it 2 wires to a resistance meter.

73 Alan G4ZFQ

Jeff KTØG

Do mean counterclock wise?  Anticlock wise ???

Jeff
KT0G

On Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 10:50:12 AM CDT, Curt Faulk <curt.faulk2+airspy@...> wrote:

Jim, thanks for the answer.  So, 3 wires... clockwise, anticlockwise, and ground?

Jamie WW3S

your map/software is very much appreciated Simon......my one question , is how can I make the map fill my screen? On my monitor, the right 2-3 inches of my monitor is empty......the "edge" of the software box goes to the edge of the monitor, but the map stops short of full width.....

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .

Better zooming quality and custom 7, 14 segment fonts for the clock display. Also lots of minor tweaks and twiddles.

Attachments:

At the moment it’s a 2 : 1 (rectangular) projection, even when zooming. When I have time I’ll use more screen when zooming.

your map/software is very much appreciated Simon......my one question , is how can I make the map fill my screen? On my monitor, the right 2-3 inches of my monitor is empty......the "edge" of the software box goes to the edge of the monitor, but the map stops short of full width.....

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .

Better zooming quality and custom 7, 14 segment fonts for the clock display. Also lots of minor tweaks and twiddles.

Attachments:

Brian Morrison

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 12:03:21 -0000
"Simon Brown" <simon@...> wrote:

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .
Thank you Simon. A small thing, on the download page the small blue
cloud symbols both link to the October 2021 version, the textual links
are correct and point to the appropriate version.

--

Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde

Brian Morrison

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022 18:49:00 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff KTØG via groups.io <kt0g_jeff@...> wrote:

Do mean counterclock wise?  Anticlock wise ???
2 nations divided by a common language.

--

Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde

Simon Brown

DOH!

I always forget that...

Simon's World Map 1.2.3 released dit-dit-dit.com/world-map .
Thank you Simon. A small thing, on the download page the small blue cloud
symbols both link to the October 2021 version, the textual links are correct
and point to the appropriate version.

--

Brian Morrison

Oscar Wilde

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Curt Faulk

I'm American.  I only used "anti-clockwise" vs our counterclockwise so as not to confuse our much smarter (than I) friends in the UK. ;-)

Jeff KTØG

Good answer Curt.  I might have been the only one confused.

On Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 04:58:36 PM CDT, Curt Faulk <curt.faulk2+airspy@...> wrote:

I'm American.  I only used "anti-clockwise" vs our counterclockwise so as not to confuse our much smarter (than I) friends in the UK. ;-)

David J Taylor

On 15/03/2022 19:19, Simon Brown wrote:
Hi,

At the moment it’s a 2 : 1 (rectangular) projection, even when zooming. When I
have time I’ll use more screen when zooming.

Simon Brown, G4ELI
For satellite use, I find Mercator projection helpful ("round" footprints).
Perhaps something for the future?

David
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...