Signal history logging interval

Ken Sejkora

Is there any was to adjust the logging interval in the ‘Signal History’ recorder accessible in the ‘View’ panel?  I find it to be a very useful feature to track signal levels.  However, it defaults to a logging interval of 50 milliseconds.  While that’s useful for short-term monitoring of a signal, it results in some large files if you want to do some long-term monitoring, such as looking for sunrise/sunset effects, monitoring of Sudden Ionospheric Disturbances (SIDs), etc.  With a sample interval of 50 ms, a 12-hour log will end up having 864,000 records.  That’s approaching the upper limit for the number of rows an Excel file can handle.  It would be useful to be able to specify the desired sampling interval to cut down on the number of samples logged over a longer time period.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to change the sampling interval, I’d greatly appreciate it.  If it’s not possible with the current version(s) of SDRC, are there enough other people interested in such a feature to justify incorporation of such an option in a future revision of SDRC?

Thanks in advance.  I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Ken  --  WBØOCV

Simon Brown

Ken,

It’s fixed.

[...]

Today I’m adding the option to export with a user-selectable period, for example one value every 250ms, 500ms, … 10s.

[...]

That's great news. Thanks so much for considering my suggestion. I'm sure I won't be the only one who will find this modification useful. Thanks again Simon.

Ken -- WB∅OCV

On Jan 19, 2022 03:02, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

[...]

I’ll send you a link to a kit by direct mail.

[...]

All,

This kit is only for Ken to check the Signal History feature – I’ll update the V3.1 Beta downloads tomorrow.