Topics

Setting up QO-100 Down converter setting with FCDP+

iolo roberts

I am trying, and failing, to set up the QO-100 Down converter frequency in converter definition setting.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and it still remains on the LNB down frequency.

Is the FCDP+ compatible with SDR-Console ? I am using Windows 10.

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.  Thanks.

Siegfried Jackstien

yes it is compatible

after you set the offset (say 9.75 gig) ... and you changed setting in view/options/spectrum to show 99.9 gig (add another digit) then all is fine ...

yes your rx still shows 739.something megs now?!? ... then TUNE UPWARDS (plus 10 gig roughly)

after setting the offset you can receive the transponder on 739.550 to 800 ... PLUS you can tune upwards in sdr console to 10.489 (and see the same result a second time!!)

reason is ... if you have set the offset and the end resut is negative (you did not tune up to 10 gig) then sdr console throws the offset over board (so to speak) ...

go in the rx box with the mouse and tune MANUALLY UPWARDS ... to 10.489.xxx ...

if the watefall did not move also to the same spot ... cilck on the "centre" button in spectrum

hth

dg9bfc sigi

Am 10.02.2020 um 15:58 schrieb iolo roberts via Groups.Io:

I am trying, and failing, to set up the QO-100 Down converter frequency in converter definition setting.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and it still remains on the LNB down frequency.

Is the FCDP+ compatible with SDR-Console ? I am using Windows 10.

Any guidance would be hugely appreciated.  Thanks.

iolo roberts

Hi Sigi!
Tnx for the reply.
I wasn’t aware that the signals will appear in 2 places.
The beacons show at the 700’s and I didn’t check higher up. Will check this out.
I still can’t figure out how to add an extra digit when I set 99.9 GHz as the choice is fixed.
From your screencap it seems you have version 3.0.21..... I can’t find this only 3.0.20.
Many tnx and best regards,
Iolo GW0IJY

On 10 Feb 2020, at 17:10, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

iolo roberts

Hi Sigi,
I have it at last.
The best way to do this is to tune up to the Top Beacon frequency at 739. ...... and make a note of the beacon frequency.
In my case 739.572.400.
Subtract this from 10.489.800.000 and in my case to give: 9749.977.530
This was then entered into the Converter definitions, added and saved.
The Beacon was then pretty much spot on 10.489.800.000
Once again tnx,
Iolo.

Tony Tony

Hello to the Group in my case my beacon on the frequency I found with the perfect SDR-Console
10.492.500 with a slight correction of the console
73 IK1HGI Tony