Server: Getting Started With ? #sdrserver

rmrrgs

Hello,

Thought it was about time I learned something about Servers, so have started trying to learn
about accessing a remote radio in other parts of the world via Console.  Really sounds interesting.

At this time, I am not interested in putting any of my radios on line.
Once I get going, will strongly consider doing so though.

Have read all the setup instructions, several time, but as expected I have several questions.  And, as usual, probably even more later.

In Radio Definitions:

    Is this putting my radio on-line, or just to allow access to Servers elsewhere ?

    If the latter, why is my radio called for; wouldn't it be only the remote radio that is required ?

    How can I verify that my radio is Not on-line, or addressable by anyone, due to possibly allowing inadvertently during the setup process ?

Firewall:

    Where does one find the "IPV4 dotted address" that is asked for ?  I'm running W10.

Bandwidth:

    Do I want LAN or WAN ?

    What's a good default value to start out with ?

And, How do I pull up the map from Console showing the world wide Servers, and what's presently on-line, ?

Much thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

It’s all in most very old post here:

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/51635

You may have slightly different screens due to already having your ‘local’ SDR definitions built. As the document mentions, be sure NOT to hit replace definitions when adding servers. You want to ADD to your list of definitions.

Sitting in an airplane in Boston, MA…

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

You have to run the server application to get your SDR’s online to act as a server. I wouldn’t recommend running the app unless you really want to put them online. Once you run the app once (just once) the default settings kick in, and your inoperative server will be pinging Simons site every 10 secs with error codes until you open ports in your router and forward the open port to the specific computer hosting the SDR’s.

There is a step by step tutorial for that to which I posted about the same time as the link above.

73 Kriss KA1GJU/AM