From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve KH6CT
Sent: 25 November 2019 02:42
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SERVER BUSY MESSAGE

Installed V3 on a new computer with a fresh copy of Win 10.  Copied appropriate files from old computer and put them where they should be on new comp.  Looked like I had complete success, but now I get a Server Busy message on V3 startup.  Any ideas on what I did wrong and how to fix it ??

73s Steve KH6CT

Steve KH6CT

Hi Simon...
On the advice of another ham who posted here, I copied the contents of ...  C/user/XXX/AppData/Roaming/SDR-RADIO.com(V3) ... to the same place on the new computer.  The new installation picked up all my Favorites, etc..  So I thought things were going fine, but then the message popped up on subsequent restarts.  Pressing "OK" brings up the Win10 tile format start menu and really doesn't help.  After a few nonreproducible keystrokes and a startup of DXLabs, the spectrum and waterfall start ok.
Since you mentioned Omnirig... I'll reinstall that and see what happens.  And another piece of info...  V3 and DXLabs are connected via Win4Yaesu.

Let me check out the Omnirig and I'll get back with the results.

Thanks, Steve KH6CT

Bernd Peilstoecker <dl4zab@...>

Have exactly the same problem on three different computers and do not know what is wrong.
Using OmniRig with Digi software there is no problem anyway.
When starting OmniRig BEFORE starting Console 3.0.18, followed by start of SDR Console then everything’s ok....
Must be a bug 🤔.

Steve KH6CT

After more thought about Simon's comment that OmniRig wasn't happy, did the following:
*  Completely wiped the hard drive
*  Installed new, clean version of Win 10 and did all the updates
*  Installed Win4Yaesu, com0com, and Console V3
*  Powered up the FTdx3000 and started Console V3
          *  Console V3 started immediately but with an info message that OmniRig could not be found or something like that
          *  Closed the info message with the X in upper right corner
          *  V3 Console spectrum and waterfall started immediately, but without rig control of course
*  Powered off the 3K and Console V3
*  Installed Omnirig  and started the program
          *  Took 62 seconds for the OmniRig interface to appear on the screen.  Something's not right about that, but don't know how to fix.
*  Started Console V3 and splash screen immediately appeared
*  Splash screen disappeared revealing the dreaded SERVER BUSY MESSAGE.
*  Numerous keystrokes did absolutely nothing helpful......  Until.....  about 62 seconds later when the spectrum and waterfall appeared and functioned normally.

Computer is a Dell 9010, i7, 16Gb Ram, Strictly used for Ham Radio, no unnecessary other software installed.

My Fortran4 programming skills don't help me out much here.  So if anyone has a solution to the problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Best 73, Steve KH6CT