Topics

Sequential chained SDR file playback issue #sdrconsolev3 #bug

bsaylor

Version: SDR Console v3.0.13

Use case: Playing back chains of continuously recorded wideband SDR files from SDRUno (Winrad format) and Perseus (Perseus format)

Issue #1: Able to load and navigate a series of sequential SDRUno files as a single "unit" in the SDR Console "playback navigator " window, but a series of sequential Perseus files can only be loaded and played back as individual files. See attached screenshots 1 and 1a. I am pretty certain that I could successfully navigate chained Perseus files in an earlier version of SDR Console, but don't have the ability to recreate this action.

     Sample file names of chain of SDRUno files (recorded in SDRUno v1.32):
     SDRuno_20190621_132141Z_91500kHz.wav
     SDRuno_20190621_132415Z_91500kHz.wav
     SDRuno_20190621_132629Z_91500kHz.wav

     Sample file names of chain of Perseus files (recorded in Perseus v4.1a):
     49 mb 0220 UTC 8-28-19_000.wav
     49 mb 0220 UTC 8-28-19_001.wav
     49 mb 0220 UTC 8-28-19_002.wav

Issue #2: Length of Perseus file as viewed in "playback navigator" window doesn't match actual file length. See attached screenshot 2. In this example the Perseus file loaded actually runs 0219 to 0234 UTC in Perseus app, but in SDR Console the navigator windows suggests it runs from 0219 through 0334 (which, by the way, would correspond to files _000 through _004 in the sample chain names shown above). But only one file (49 mb 0220 UTC 8-28-19_000.wav) is actually loaded in and playing back. If I navigate to a time in the file which is not loaded (say click the "35" box in the "02" row) the program will stop playing. It doesn't crash, as I can click any box between "19" and "34" and the playback will resume.

Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find anything in a search. Happy to provide any additional details or samples.

73,

Brett Saylor W3SWL

Issue:

Can you upload these Perseus files to Dropbox or similar? I need the files, then I’ll get this fixed. I assume Perseus software was used for this?

[...]

Hi Simon,

Yes, these files were recorded with the native Perseus app (v4.1a). I am uploading them to my Google drive, but that will take a while. I'll send a link when the upload is complete.

Thank you very much!

73,
Brett

Simon Brown

Downloading now, will let you know when finished.

Yes, these files were recorded with the native Perseus app (v4.1a). I am uploading them to my Google drive, but that will take a while. I'll send a link when the upload is complete.

Thank you very much!

73,
Brett

Noel

Confirm same issues (#1 + #2) as Brett with native Perseus files recorded with Perseus software 5a.
--
Noel

Clacton, southeast England
N51.78 E1.14