SDRConsole @ 128 Msps & 888 MK2

Pietro Bossi

Hello List,

I just installed the new SDRC version 3.2, working with the SDR 888mk2.
I can confirm that it's just working fine at 128 Msps, so it's possible to receive up to & more than 50 MHz band. Actually I can receive IZ1EPM/B at 50.419 MHz flawlessy !

Btw, if I select bandwith more than 1 MHz @128Msps, the reception is not as good as expected and very jerky, unusable.

I have the same behavior using an HP Z4 (Intel Xeon W-2104 4core @ 3.20 GHz / 8GB DDR4 / Nvidia Quadro P600) and also with a new HP ZBook (Intel core-i7-9850H 6 core @ 2.60 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 / Nvidia Quadro P2000).

So I wonder if and how is possible to go beyond 1 MHz bandwith @ 128Msps ? What's the specs for a machine ?

Many thanks to Simon for his great software !

Regards, Pietro @ hb9rxc

First show me a screenshot - I expect CPU load is very high and we need to offload the FFT to a better GPU.

The screenshot will show me the CPU and GPU load in general.

I would have thought that the i7-9850H system would work at 8 MHz bandwidth.

I just installed the new SDRC version 3.2, working with the SDR 888mk2.
I can confirm that it's just working fine at 128 Msps, so it's possible to receive up to & more than 50 MHz band. Actually I can receive IZ1EPM/B at 50.419 MHz flawlessy !

Btw, if I select bandwith more than 1 MHz @128Msps, the reception is not as good as expected and very jerky, unusable.

I have the same behavior using an HP Z4 (Intel Xeon W-2104 4core @ 3.20 GHz / 8GB DDR4 / Nvidia Quadro P600) and also with a new HP ZBook (Intel core-i7-9850H 6 core @ 2.60 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 / Nvidia Quadro P2000).

So I wonder if and how is possible to go beyond 1 MHz bandwith @ 128Msps ? What's the specs for a machine ?

Many thanks to Simon for his great software !

Regards, Pietro @ hb9rxc

Pietro Bossi

Hi Simon,
attached some more info and screenshot ...

BR, Pietro

Pietro Bossi

Simon,

FYI I try with HDSDR with same configuration @ 128Msps and usefull bandwith is 8 - 16 MHz without any glitch ...

KR, Pietro @ hb9rxc

Dirk

Edited

Today tested SDR Console 3.2 2711 with my RX-888 MKII @ 64 Msps on 80m and could listen to some QSOs (LSB voice) without problems.
Tested my Airspy HF+ Discovery with same antenna on 80m: no chance to hear any of the above QSOs.
 Only 1st impressions, will test further ...

Simon Brown

When you show me a screenshot as an attachment I'll be able to help you.

Post two screenshots as attachments, something must be wrong with the HF+ settings.