SDR's For Sale. Maybe Other Equipment, Antenna, ETC.

John Bain

Simon, First of all Sorry to Bother you and Sincerest   Apologies for contacting you out of the blue. Very Best Wishes and Very Best Regards Simon. I have used sdr console and think that its probably the best sdr software available right now.
 I might be selling off a couple or possibly a few of my sdr's and wondered if its ok to do this on the group. I didn't want to just post without clearing it with you first. My posts will probably be moderated as I usually only read the posts and don't comment much about anything. I'm only a UK foundation license holder because I've never really felt the need for using any more power than the 10 watts I'm Allowed. I have been Licensed since 2007 along with my wife who did the exam with me. I've been a swl and kinda radio fanatic since about age 5 or 6 in the mid 1970's. I've mostly always used transceivers for my listening because I always found the filters to be better than the receivers that I could afford to buy or kits that I could build. Apologies for rambling on about myself in this message Simon, I didn't intend to do that but thought it would be slightly more polite to introduce myself before asking you about anything to do with your group
I usually read anything from the group via email instead of the web version though only because I usually check email from the phone instead of the computer.
 If it was ok with you to post about any of the radios or any other equipment that I would sell I'd be selling my Hermes Lite 2 bought in December 2021, an Absolutely fantastic wee receiver when used with your sdr console. My license conditions prevent me from using it for transmit but I have checked it out with the dummy load and it is all good on transmit, only tried on dummy load but I'm guessing fine with a real aerial.
 I'd probably also be selling my afedri lan-iq, the one with the touch screen and digital encoder option fitted, its coverage is 0-1700MHz 2 bnc aerial inputs. I bought it about april from the original owner who bought it almost exactly a year ago from afedri. I can take pictures of any of the equipment if anybody wanted to see them. I also have an airspy HF+ dual port (not discovery) if anybody was interested in buying one of them, its only been used a few times since I've not got as much time as I used to have to play radio. I probably have a couple of other things that I'll be letting go in the near future Simon. I really do need to thin down the crop of radios, I'm running out of space, its a small shack. I've never actually sold anything online before, I'm usually the one that's buying, hi. My Wife sells online so the shipping of any of the equipment for sale won't be a problem hopefully.  Maybe a Wellbrook Loop as well barely used and need to get it down from the loft above the shack. I'm sure that its a 1530LN model serial number available if needed, it's probably the only shipping nighttime I have Simon.
 There's probably some more bits and pieces that I can't think of but no doubt will remember when the email is away.
 Again Simon Sorry to Bother you and sincerest apologies for contacting you out of the blue.
 Very Best Wishes and Very Best Regards to you and your Family Simon, 73 John.

--
John Bain

mathews ember

I would be interested in that Hermes lite.
How much you asking for it

Andrea Dalbagno

Good morning John
I'm interested at the Wellbrook. How much does it cost? And may I ask where are you located?
Thanks in advance.
73
Andrea IN3IWZ

Il gio 2 giu 2022, 02:54 John Bain <johnpbain@...> ha scritto:
[...]

Siegfried Jackstien

me too

;-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 02.06.2022 um 06:46 schrieb mathews ember:

I would be interested in that Hermes lite.
How much you asking for it

John Bain

Hi There, I paid about $395 dollars for the Hermes Lite 2 with the N2ADR filter board and 40mm enclosure from makerfabs. I think it worked out at around £310 uk pounds including the shipping fee so I paid about £290 uk pounds for the radio kit. I'd like to get about the same back as I paid.
 I'm not trying to make any more money out of anybody than what I paid, the hermes board is about $289+$52.70filters+$16.90enclosure. I think it worked out around just under $360 dollars plus shipping. If anybody is interested or needs any more info or anything else just let me know.

I am also selling an afedri lan-iq standalone version. It is multi functional and can be used via its touch screen and also used via ethernet or usb with Simon's SDR Console Software. I prefer to use it with the computer using it with Simon's software. In standalone mode it is usb powered or by 7.5 volts dc and also needs an external speaker as there's no built in speakers. I prefer it with the software on the computer via ethernet for the wider bandwidth it allows, it covers 0-1700MHz.
a link to the afedri page for any information needed about the radio.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 09:53, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

me too

;-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 02.06.2022 um 06:46 schrieb mathews ember:
I would be interested in that Hermes lite.
How much you asking for it

--
John Bain

John Bain

A couple of pictures of the afedri in case anybody doesn't know of it.
and a 10 second video in standalone mode. Short vertical on 10 metres.
Apologies if the pictures and video aren't allowed Simon. 73 John.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 15:55, John Bain via groups.io <johnpbain=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Simon Brown

John,

In the words of Status Quo "Whatever you want, Whatever you like" (RIP Rick).

[...]

Charles Thatcher

Google "Wellbrook antennas". I live in South Africa and had to import it from the UK. It ariived well packaged perfect shape. Can't do any worthwhile HF listening without it. It's pricey but well worth it.
My advice: Buy it it will improve your HF listening pleasure for many years.
Charles

Andrea Dalbagno

Hello Charles

We in Europe can't buy Wellbrook antenna from England because of the Brexit: for small enterprises like Wellbrook it would involve a big amount of money an burocracy to continue to sell over Europe after that "unexplicable da**ed thing".
For that reason, and for the well known performances of the ALA, I'm interested when someone sell its.

John, are you still thinking to sell yours?

BRG
73 de Andrea IN3IWZ

Il giorno gio 2 giu 2022 alle ore 20:06 Charles Thatcher <charlesjthatcher@...> ha scritto:
Google "Wellbrook antennas". I live in South Africa and had to import it from the UK. It ariived well packaged perfect shape. Can't do any worthwhile HF listening without it. It's pricey but well worth it.
My advice: Buy it it will improve your HF listening pleasure for many years.
Charles

John Bain

Hello Andrea, I am from Glasgow in Scotland so obviously still in the uk. I still have all or most of the original packaging for the wellbrook loop and yes I will be selling it. The model is the ALA1530LN, I think I bought it in 2020 but I am not 100% sure of that. The loop has never been mounted outside and has lived in my loft/attic from I bought it. I paid between £260/£280 pounds for it but I won't be looking to get anywhere near that amount back for it. Because of the size of the loop the shipping will probably be more expensive but I'll adjust the price of the loop for you so that you can hopefully get a good price from me. I have no idea of how much the loops sell for second hand but because I don't really use it my price will probably be cheaper.
 Simon I think I remember that you were a fan of the wellbrook loops and maybe you could have some idea of what 1 would usually sell for.
 Andrea I hope to be able to get a price for shipping it out tomorrow and if i can do that I can get back to as soon as I can get a reasonable price for shipping. If I don't get a price tomorrow because of the celebration over here in the uk I will definitely get a price for you as soon as the celebration is over and people are going back to work as normal.
 Andrea I will do my very best to try and get the loop out to you.
 Very best wishes and very best regards to all.
 73 John.
STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 19:32, Andrea Dalbagno <andrea.dalbagno@...> wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much, John!

73
Andrea IN3IWZ

Il gio 2 giu 2022, 21:55 John Bain <johnpbain@...> ha scritto:
[...]

I think I will pass on the Hermes. To far for shipping.
Thanks

John Bain

Hi, no problem about the Hermes.
I don't know where you're located but probably not in europe if you think that its too far away from you for shipping.
 I haven't advertised it anywhere else except Simon's group so far but no doubt I'll mention it elsewhere when I get a chance to do that.
 Somebody else in this group might still take it anyway
 so I'll see how that goes. Apologies for not getting back to you on your first message I didn't see it till late last night, I had to fish it from my spam folder. My gmail account is brutal for junking at least 1 or sometimes a lot of messages from active threads that I'm reading. Again apologies about not seeing your first message. Very Best Wishes and Very Best Regards to you and your Family. 73 John.

Stay Safe and Stay Healthy.

On Fri, 3 Jun 2022 at 06:01, mathews ember <seedkey@...> wrote:
I think I will pass on the Hermes. To far for shipping.
Thanks

--
John Bain

John Bain

Hi Sigi,

Apologies for messaging you out of the blue, but I haven't had a chance to ask you yet if you were interested in the Hermes Lite 2 I mentioned in the group.

After doing the sums and converting from dollars to pounds I think its cost me between about £290/£310 plus the shipping cost, with exchange rates being all over the place thats probably something like $360/$395 dollars and between about €335/€360 euros.

 I'm not looking to make crazy money on my Hermes Lite 2 like I know that some of the guys in various groups are doing Sigi. You have probably seen it in some of the groups where they have popped up in groups at over a hundred dollars more than the cost of a new one from makerfabs.

I am only asking or looking to get the same amount of money that I paid for it. Its a standard Hermes Lite 2 with the N2ADR filter board fitted and in the standard 40mm enclosure. Using it with Simon's sdr console side by side with my icom ic-7300 and on the same antenna I'd honestly say it is every bit as good as my icom and a couple of times using Simon's software it pulled a couple of signals out of the noise that my icom was struggling with.

Anyway Sigi, Apologies again for messaging you out of the blue and sorry to trouble you. If you're interested in the Hermes just let me know and if not just let me know that as well if you want.

 As I've said probably too many times, I'm not looking at selling the radio for crazy profit like some guys are. I'm just looking to get back what I paid for it and with the crazy way exchange rates are its anywhere between £290/£310 pounds but I think probably £300 or something in that area is what I paid. Awk I honestly don't know. I'm only selling it to help pay for another radio, well the Hermes the Afedri, the Airspy HF+ dual port, and some other radio stuff that I don't need or maybe just don't use or have any use for now, there's even an MFJ 1026 Deluxe Noise Cancelling unit. Think its just really a phasing unit.

 No doubt I'll eventually fund my next radio, hopefully it'll even be before it goes out of production, hi-hi.

Sorry to trouble you Sigi.
Very Best Wishes and Very Best Regards to you and your Family Sigi. 73 John.

Sorry to Simon and the group for this kinda long message and still not with any great sales pitch from me either.
STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY.

On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 09:53, Siegfried Jackstien <siegfried.jackstien@...> wrote:

me too

;-)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 02.06.2022 um 06:46 schrieb mathews ember:
I would be interested in that Hermes lite.
How much you asking for it

--
John Bain

Andrea Dalbagno

Good Evening John

May I ask if you have any news about your Wellbrook?