SDR_Radio software delays\latencies

ic8pof

HI, I have done some short test between my radio FT1000Field and the SDR_IQ testing the audio output delays.

The first test of both audios feeding my headphones showed a delay
on the SDR:IQ software of more than one character on receiving the number 1 in cw.
I have not much free time to make a better measurement now, but already this short test reveals how much time needs the signal to pass through the SDR_IQ radio to its output.

My question to Simon is that: could be possible to study\reassemble a versionf of the Console's software to be used directly at the SDR not via LAN with all the bells ans whistles removed to see if this delay could be further reduced ?
73
Phil

PS compatibly with your ultra-mini free-time ;-)

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi Phil,

I have not optimised the data flow yet for minimum latency.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com