SDR-Radio for the Swl/Dxer

jmiles56@sbcglobal.net <jmiles56@...>

I've got to say this is one nice program. After looking at all the posts about 90% are
ham related. Once all the tx stuff is added in I hope it doesn't
end up looking like multipsk.. Great program also but trying to find just
the receive stuff and trying to pick through it is not fun. I keep seeing many things on want list ( yelp I have several also) but just hope that all the additions aren't gonna bloat it down.just my 2 cents for those for us who are looking at receive side only.

Cheers
Jim

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

It will *never* look like that. The TX support will be in a docking pane, if you don't TX then don't display the pane, it's really that simple :)

It's a challenge keeping the UI simple but with the framework I use it can be done!

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of jmiles56@...

Once all the tx stuff is added in I hope it doesn't
end up looking like multipsk.

R R Robson <rrrobson@...>

GUI design is 99% art; 1% technical

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:48 AM
Subject: [sdr-radio-com] SDR-Radio for the Swl/Dxer

I've got to say this is one nice program. After looking at all the posts about 90% are
ham related. Once all the tx stuff is added in I hope it doesn't
end up looking like multipsk.. Great program also but trying to find just
the receive stuff and trying to pick through it is not fun. I keep seeing many things on want list ( yelp I have several also) but just hope that all the additions aren't gonna bloat it down.just my 2 cents for those for us who are looking at receive side only.

Cheers
Jim

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

It's also what Software Engineering is about.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of R R Robson

GUI design is 99% art; 1% technical

From: jmiles56@...

Andy obrien <k3ukandy@...>

Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:48 AM

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hah! Actually UI design is something I was very bad at, it's interesting and I'm learning a great deal.

A project like my console really needs four people but nevertheless I'm happy with it at present.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

From: sdr-radio-com@... [mailto:sdr-radio-com@...] On Behalf Of Andy obrien

Simon is Constable (http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/217348/1/Golding-Constable$27s-Kitchen-Garden.jpg)  and Patrick is Cezanne  (http://www.quarryscapes.no/images/Quarry_of_the_month/Bibemus_Cezanne.jpg

R R Robson <rrrobson@...>

The problem with most GUI designs seems to be that they are tailored to a user who exists more in the mind of the designer than in reality.  This phenomenon is also evident in the design of tests, where the programmer tests for the expected (from his perspective) rather than the unexpected.  It isn't easy.  But from what I can see, Simon, you are very good at both.  Keep up the great work.

tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
www.wb5rvz.com