Topics

SDR Radio Console - 3.03 - invert spectrum option expected behavior?

David Feldman

I am now beginning to use SDR Radio Console 3.0.3, fed from 8.83 MHz output of Kenwood TS-940S. It appears to be the best option among those tried, given my particular interests (low latency, effective Zoom function, flexible and effective CW mode filtering.)

I am trying the "invert spectrum" option, but I do not see any change in behavior - I am not sure what to expect:

Here is my test procedure:

1. Stop
2. Select Radio
3. Highlight radio (RTL Dongle)
4. Converter set to Up: 20,000,000 (per my converter)
5. Select "Invert spectrum" option box
6. Start

In either setting of "Invert spectrum" option box, behavior seems exactly the same - frequency range shown in spectrum box is low-to-high reading left-to-right, and adjusting the VFO frequency of the external radio results in same shifting of signals across the displayed spectrum in either case.

Does the Invert spectrum do something else I am not seeing?

Thank you!

Frequency range is always low to high, left to right. Invert spectrum compensates for some radios which generate the spectrum high to low.

Hint: Screenshots always help 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

[...]

Thank you, Simon! It is behaving exactly as described.

Dave