Topics

SDR Radio Console - 3.03 - invert spectrum option expected behavior?

David Feldman

I am now beginning to use SDR Radio Console 3.0.3, fed from 8.83 MHz output of Kenwood TS-940S. It appears to be the best option among those tried, given my particular interests (low latency, effective Zoom function, flexible and effective CW mode filtering.)

I am trying the "invert spectrum" option, but I do not see any change in behavior - I am not sure what to expect:

Here is my test procedure:

1. Stop
2. Select Radio
3. Highlight radio (RTL Dongle)
4. Converter set to Up: 20,000,000 (per my converter)
5. Select "Invert spectrum" option box
6. Start

In either setting of "Invert spectrum" option box, behavior seems exactly the same - frequency range shown in spectrum box is low-to-high reading left-to-right, and adjusting the VFO frequency of the external radio results in same shifting of signals across the displayed spectrum in either case.

Does the Invert spectrum do something else I am not seeing?

Thank you!

Simon Brown

Hi,

Frequency range is always low to high, left to right. Invert spectrum compensates for some radios which generate the spectrum high to low.

Hint: Screenshots always help 😊 .

Simon Brown, G4ELI
www.sdr-radio.com

-----Original Message-----
From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Feldman via Groups.Io
Sent: 04 December 2018 14:02
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SDR Radio Console - 3.03 - invert spectrum option expected behavior?

I am now beginning to use SDR Radio Console 3.0.3, fed from 8.83 MHz output of Kenwood TS-940S. It appears to be the best option among those tried, given my particular interests (low latency, effective Zoom function, flexible and effective CW mode filtering.)

I am trying the "invert spectrum" option, but I do not see any change in behavior - I am not sure what to expect:

Here is my test procedure:

1. Stop
2. Select Radio
3. Highlight radio (RTL Dongle)
4. Converter set to Up: 20,000,000 (per my converter)
5. Select "Invert spectrum" option box
6. Start

In either setting of "Invert spectrum" option box, behavior seems exactly the same - frequency range shown in spectrum box is low-to-high reading left-to-right, and adjusting the VFO frequency of the external radio results in same shifting of signals across the displayed spectrum in either case.

Does the Invert spectrum do something else I am not seeing?

Thank you!

David Feldman

Thank you, Simon! It is behaving exactly as described.

Dave