From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Alan, W5CIB via groups.io <theoldxmusicman@...>
Sent: 18 August 2022 05:45
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io>
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SDR Console freezes on startup, intermittent. #sdr-consolev3

Server busy
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. etc, etc, etc

It won't let me click on the button to go to the other program. In fact the whole program seems to be frozen. However if I wait long enough (1 to 2 minutes) it will suddenly finish loading up and start working like it should, and the error message goes away.

Latest version of sdr console, v1.2 omnirig, connect to a ic7300 via win4icom. Just started doing this recently. I'm not aware of any changes I've made that would cause this problem, whatever this problem is.....

Latest update.  I thought the issue was with Win4icom so I switched to WFView.  Setup a splitter in VSPE. COM20 pointed to COM4, which is the ic7300 com port.  Pointed WFView, Log4OM. and SDR Console all to COM20.  All programs connect and work fine, except I still intermittently get the SERVER BUSY error message with I start SDR Console.  Can't figure it out.

I even get the error message if I start SDR Console without any other program running.

f5mwa

Hello Alan,

I've the same problem on one computer. However I found out that OmniRig is responsible for this symptom
in my case. Sometimes OmniRig delays opening other programs by several minutes. If I kill OmniRig all becomes normal. I guess it depends how
Win10 runs OR which can be different in every computer. Try to uninstall OR to see whether this confirms my experience.
73
Ezio - K3EK / F5MWA

Alan, W5CIB

The Server Busy error message box pops up in the middle of the screen while SDR Console is loading.  I'll try to get a screen shot.

Alan, W5CIB

Can't do a screen shot because everything is frozen.

I start SDR Console, the small window with SDR Console V3 starts first, the sdr console window starts behind the first smaller window.  At that point an error message pops up in the middle of the screen.

Server busy
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

Except that I can't choose the "Switch to" button because everything is frozen.

Simon Brown

You can. Alt + Print Screen, 7 Ways to Screenshot in Windows 10 | TechSpot

But maybe Print Screen so I see everything.

Can't do a screen shot because everything is frozen.

I start SDR Console, the small window with SDR Console V3 starts first, the sdr console window starts behind the first smaller window.  At that point an error message pops up in the middle of the screen.

Server busy
This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.
Choose "Switch to" to activate the busy program and correct the problem.

Except that I can't choose the "Switch to" button because everything is frozen.

Alan, W5CIB

Can't do that either, everything is frozen...

Simon Brown

Whole screen? So how do you regain control - reboot?