Topics

SDR console and SatPC32

kc3kop@...

Let me first say I do like your software,  I have used it for satellite work and it does work nice as far as doppler and rotor control. For Linear sats I just could not handle the delay in the RX when I would transmit so I switched to Satpc32 to control my rig and use my rig for RX/TX but I miss the waterfall. My rig is an IC-910 with a pan adapter off the IF output and I managed to get satpc32 to link to DX commander which in turn sends data to SDR Console to control the RX frequency. The problem is the IF can’t be used from what I can tell unless omni rig is running. Is there a way that can be changed?

Thanks

Ian

Simon Brown

Ian,

Arg – this is the sort of combination of toys which makes my head spin at times, I’m no longer as mentally agile as I was 20 years ago :( . I’ll map this out later today and work out what’s happening and get a solution. I have work to do in this area anyway, so best get started.

Just FWIW you can control the IC-910 with SDR Console’s satellite tracking, but let me think about this combination of yours.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of kc3kop@...
Sent: 23 May 2020 04:55
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] SDR console and SatPC32

Let me first say I do like your software,  I have used it for satellite work and it does work nice as far as doppler and rotor control. For Linear sats I just could not handle the delay in the RX when I would transmit so I switched to Satpc32 to control my rig and use my rig for RX/TX but I miss the waterfall. My rig is an IC-910 with a pan adapter off the IF output and I managed to get satpc32 to link to DX commander which in turn sends data to SDR Console to control the RX frequency. The problem is the IF can’t be used from what I can tell unless omni rig is running. Is there a way that can be changed?

Thanks

Ian

Joe W4WT

Simon, I would think simply (easy for me to say!) allowing the "Up Converter" method that is in the External Radio setup to also work with the CAT ports should allow this functionality.  The desired frequency setting is being provided by Commander to one of the ports, the 10.8 mhz. (I assume in this case) IF signal is going to the SDR that is attached to SDRC and with the offset set appropriately it should show the correct frequency while displaying the IF signal.

Just a thought,

Joe W4WT

kc3kop@...

Simon,

Lol, trust me I know all too well, this is not actually that easy to explain and I have hours of trying different settings and research, this is the closest I have come. I have had SDR Console Controlling my TX of the Rig while running the SDR receiver and it controls the doppler great the rotor great. I just could not get passed the delay my HF rig this is not an issue because I mute the RX, but on Sats I listen to the RX thru a headset. If you like I can send you a video of what I have going on. Now if there is a way to get SDR Console and Omni rig to run the RX of the IC-910 with the SDR receive and control the TX of the 910 that would allow me to just use SDR console for everything. The picture I am including shows how I have DX labs DX commander linked to the SDR Console, but without console being linked to omni rig it will not allow me to tell the SDR to use the IF of my transceiver. Hope this helps. Joe W4WT thanks for your input as well.

Ian – KC3KOP