From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob
Dengler
Sent: 12 October 2020 06:36
To: SDR-Radio@groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] Save spectrum to (CSV) file?

Does SDRC, or for that matter, any other SDR application have the ability to
save the displayed amplitude spectrum to file? I'm doing some noise figure
measurement over many frequencies, & while I can record received channel
power to file it's very tedious to take all those spot Y-factor measurements
& process them into a spreadsheet. Would be much easier if I could just
record 2 highly averaged spectrums for Pon & Poff.

Thanks

Bob NO6B

Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

jdow

Saving it as CSV data will lead to some ridiculously large files, even if it is only a snapshot rather than a continuous data stream. You might want to rethink this.

{o.o}

On 20201011 22:35:47, Bob Dengler wrote:
Does SDRC, or for that matter, any other SDR application have the ability to save the displayed amplitude spectrum to file?  I'm doing some noise figure measurement over many frequencies, & while I can record received channel power to file it's very tedious to take all those spot Y-factor measurements & process them into a spreadsheet.  Would be much easier if I could just record 2 highly averaged spectrums for Pon & Poff.

Thanks

Bob NO6B

Siegfried Jackstien

software satsagen should do it (together with a pluto)

dg9bfc sigi

Am 12.10.2020 um 05:35 schrieb Bob Dengler:

Does SDRC, or for that matter, any other SDR application have the ability to save the displayed amplitude spectrum to file? I'm doing some noise figure measurement over many frequencies, & while I can record received channel power to file it's very tedious to take all those spot Y-factor measurements & process them into a spreadsheet. Would be much easier if I could just record 2 highly averaged spectrums for Pon & Poff.

Thanks

Bob NO6B

Nick Hall-Patch

What is generating the original .wav files, please?

I think that RFSpace's SpectraVue (http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/SpectraVue.html) might do what you're asking, but reads RFSpace SDR files only ( Elad SDR files also seem possible). Its Continuum function might also fill the bill for you, as it finds total power over a given bandwidth, and that will change when noise is introduced.

SpectraVue also reads ordinary .wav files up to 192kHz bandwidth, and can provide the same processing functions.

best wishes,

Nick

At 05:35 2020-10-12, Bob Dengler wrote:
Does SDRC, or for that matter, any other SDR application have the ability to save the displayed amplitude spectrum to file? I'm doing some noise figure measurement over many frequencies, & while I can record received channel power to file it's very tedious to take all those spot Y-factor measurements & process them into a spreadsheet. Would be much easier if I could just record 2 highly averaged spectrums for Pon & Poff.

Thanks

Bob NO6B

Nick Hall-Patch
Victoria, BC
Canada

Bob Dengler

At 10/12/2020 03:29 AM, you wrote:
Saving it as CSV data will lead to some ridiculously large files, even if it is only a snapshot rather than a continuous data stream. You might want to rethink this. {o.o}
Not if the resolution BW is high enough. In SDR# the spectrum can be as small as 512 points. In SDRC with resolution reduced by 8 they shouldn't be too big if a save option were to be added.

Bob NO6B

Simon Brown

Bob,

I'm happy to do this, please add as a request in the forums *and* an example
of the CSV/XML format you would like.

At 10/12/2020 09:53 PM, you wrote:
Bob,

I'm happy to do this, please add as a request in the forums *and* an example
of the CSV/XML format you would like.
Done; thanks!

Bob NO6B

Zacharias Liangas

RFSpace can read everything except the SDRC files