From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of M0ZEH
Sent: 13 February 2020 18:12
To: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io
Subject: [SDR-Radio] #satellites

Is it possible to send doppler correction to rtl dongles?
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

M0ZEH

When tracking a satellite the frequency in the left pane remains fixed. I was expecting to see the frequency decimal change.
I noticed a tick box called Doppler for remote radios but rtl is not supported by omnirig.  I am controlling my homebrew rotator with other software.
Thanks Steve m0zeh

Simon Brown

Steve,

Left pane? Screenshots please Remember, Doppler is applied so the tune frequency is correct, so if listening to the ISS on 145.8MHz NFM with Doppler applied you’ll never see any change in frequency but will see an indication of the Doppler that is applied.

When tracking a satellite the frequency in the left pane remains fixed. I was expecting to see the frequency decimal change.
I noticed a tick box called Doppler for remote radios but rtl is not supported by omnirig.  I am controlling my homebrew rotator with other software.
Thanks Steve m0zeh

Kees van Engelen

Steve,

Maybe this thread can help?