Topics

#satellites #satellites

M0ZEH

Hi Guys,
Is it possible to make tracker manually track a particular satellite in v3.0.19?  I was trying to track Metop-A but the scheduler couldn't do that because it was still tracking Noaa 18.  In the attached picture you can see Metop A started at 19:14 but the scheduler states 19:24 as the start.  I imagine this is because Noaa 18 had not finished its pass.  In this case I was not that interested in the scheduler, I just wanted to track Metop A.
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Turn scheduler off , then double click in the passes list on your Meteo sat. I do it all the time when  a scheduled TLM bird conflicts with a Linear Bird I want to have a qso with.

Automatic Schedule Window: top left Click on the On to turn it OFF
Then Passes Window: double click on the Sat you want to use.

When finished, turn Auto Back on

73, N0AN

Hasan

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 1:52 PM M0ZEH <m0zeh@...> wrote:
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to make tracker manually track a particular satellite in v3.0.19?  I was trying to track Metop-A but the scheduler couldn't do that because it was still tracking Noaa 18.  In the attached picture you can see Metop A started at 19:14 but the scheduler states 19:24 as the start.  I imagine this is because Noaa 18 had not finished its pass.  In this case I was not that interested in the scheduler, I just wanted to track Metop A.
Thanks Steve M0ZEH

Attachments:

M0ZEH

Yes that works.  Thanks.
Steve M0ZEH

Al Massaro

Ok I have tried this in hopes that I would see the doppler track down on the waterfall, have I done something incorrect, should I be able to see the down track? Presently I am trying (somewhat successfully) to track it manually, I am not wanting to control a rotator at this time just the Frequency.
Thanks
AL M
KF5SMH