Topics

SAM or AM ?

rmrrgs

Hi,

Just a Sr. Citizen guy trying to learn a bit more:

Re the SAM option:

Of course it's easy enough to try, but
when might one expect this to yield better audio (or,...?) than the regular
AM option ?

What conditions, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

marjohan@...

The SAM audio is very good in situations with lot's of fading in the carrier.

Usually, when the carrier goes (too) down (low) the audible signal gets quite distorted - SAM audio is usually able to prevent this distortion quite well, sometimes one cannot even hear that the carrier went dramatically down.

I use it as my main mode for AM - when signal is good no audible difference between AM and SAM, when the signal is bad SAM is superior to AM.

Mac - OH22192

rmrrgs

Hi,

Good explanation.