RX888 - Bad Review

Simon Brown

Worth reading. There's no support from the manufacturer, developers have to do everything.

When you have it working it's OK.

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

Paul

Seems very late in the day to be reviewing the original RX888?

David J Taylor

On 18/08/2022 15:28, Paul wrote:
Yes, Paul, but it seems to me that some people's patience has been exhausted.
They were getting little or no support after months or more of trying, and
therefore being unable to help people wishing to use the RX888 hardware with
their software.

So perhaps by speaking out they will get the support the users need?

Understandable!

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

jdow

Other priorities have stalled my effort. Simon has a life. You're lucky you are not me. My reaction to whining tends to be "keep it to myself when I develop it." Whining now means even worse "why didn't you do ....." whining later. And I lack the patience for that. I admire that Simon does to a surprising degree.

{o.o}

On 20220818 07:54:23, David J Taylor via groups.io wrote:

On 18/08/2022 15:28, Paul wrote:

Yes, Paul, but it seems to me that some people's patience has been exhausted.
They were getting little or no support after months or more of trying, and
therefore being unable to help people wishing to use the RX888 hardware with
their software.

So perhaps by speaking out they will get the support the users need?

Understandable!

Cheers,
David
--
SatSignal Software - Quality software for you
Web: https://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor@...
Twitter: @gm8arv

Mag loop Simon

Tis true

One could always use a different sdr software, maybe 888’s own?? Is there one??

I maybe wrong but THE Simon does this all for free??

Just saying ( can you tell I am in a bad mood??)

Other Simon not THE simon

Regards

Siegfried Jackstien

for free, for donations ... and for fun ;-) ... as an example i made him an antenna as material donation ... much better as sending him a few bucks via paypal ..grin

why do you climb a mountain?? some may answer cause it is there ... some may answer for the nice view from the top ... some may answer "i like climbing"

hmm?!?

i really like what simon does ... sdrc is a superb software (getting better and better in every new version) and i am sure simon (THE SIMON!!) will find a way to use the 888 and 888mkII with all what the hardware supports ... if there is a way to control the innerds somehow he will find a solution

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 18.08.2022 um 21:52 schrieb Mag loop Simon:

Tis true

Regards

Simon Brown

Yes,

I do it for free - donations are they way you reward my efforts if you like the result. As a result of the increase in living costs donations are about 20% of what they were two years ago, my income is a long way down!

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Mag loop Simon via groups.io <ohhellnotagain@...>
Sent: 18 August 2022 20:52
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io <main@sdr-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] RX888 - Bad Review

Tis true

Regards

--
- + - + -
Please use https://forum.sdr-radio.com:4499/ when posting questions or problems.

jdow

Speaking ONLY for myself as an aspie so YMMV, there is no better feel good high available to me than that of doing something I know is not within the usual bounds of capability for somebody like me. This is something I have working now. The note in the middle was something I was writing to my son, a Ford technical executive. I did it. I did it MY way without anybody demanding this that or the other. And the bloody damn fool thing WORKS! I suspect the high I am on over this is something more intense, time compressed, like what more typical people (boys at least - considering audience) experience watching a footie game with their mates. It's a comfy feeling. It's a strong victory feeling. It's almost like sex it's so strong. That's why I do it, 78 years old or not.

{^_^}

On 20220818 13:35:30, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

for free, for donations ... and for fun ;-) ... as an example i made him an antenna as material donation ... much better as sending him a few bucks via paypal ..grin

why do you climb a mountain?? some may answer cause it is there ... some may answer for the nice view from the top ... some may answer "i like climbing"

hmm?!?

i really like what simon does ... sdrc is a superb software (getting better and better in every new version) and i am sure simon (THE SIMON!!) will find a way to use the 888 and 888mkII with all what the hardware supports ... if there is a way to control the innerds somehow he will find a solution

greetz sigi dg9bfc

Am 18.08.2022 um 21:52 schrieb Mag loop Simon:
Tis true

Regards

jdow

Yeah - between 15% and 20% of my lifetime savings evaporated in Biden's inflation. More is going to go away. You cannot add new money, printed money, to a market place and expect prices to remain static without totally artificial supports, such as Biden's oil thing. (This is the curse of a brain that plays with simple math on a reflexive basis. Why does it work? Why does it fail? How does it work? How does it fail?)

{o.o}

On 20220818 13:41:09, Simon Brown wrote:

Yes,

I do it for free - donations are they way you reward my efforts if you like the result. As a result of the increase in living costs donations are about 20% of what they were two years ago, my income is a long way down!

From: main@SDR-Radio.groups.io <main@SDR-Radio.groups.io> on behalf of Mag loop Simon via groups.io <ohhellnotagain@...>
Sent: 18 August 2022 20:52
To: main@sdr-radio.groups.io <main@sdr-radio.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [SDR-Radio] RX888 - Bad Review

Tis true

Regards

--
- + - + -

Charles Thatcher

I'm 73 and can relater to your experiences with SDRs and getting them to work with SDR software in general, but in my opinion SDR Console was exeptionally easy to set up with my 4 SDRs. Thanks to Simon B and his incrediblly hard work and hands-on support. I also have those highs, but don't understand what you mean by "sex"? Could it be that I once did know, but can't remember the details any more? :-) {^_^}!
Regards,
CT

jdow

Simon's masterpiece is fun to play with. But, the beastie I posted about is my code not his. I did it in a way that is decidedly non-standard. But, I wanted to play with it. It resembles DirectShow video processing. I wanted to make a point for myself. Some pieces of it came from CuteSDR and some from RTL433.

{^_-}

On 20220818 23:34:58, Charles Thatcher wrote:

I'm 73 and can relater to your experiences with SDRs and getting them to work with SDR software in general, but in my opinion SDR Console was exeptionally easy to set up with my 4 SDRs. Thanks to Simon B and his incrediblly hard work and hands-on support. I also have those highs, but don't understand what you mean by "sex"? Could it be that I once did know, but can't remember the details any more? :-) {^_^}!
Regards,
CT

Re Claudio

Good Morning .

May be it could help to solve something .

https://groups.io/g/NextGenSDRs/message/821

73 – Claudio Re I1RFQ

Privo di virus.www.avast.com