RSPdx Display Question

George Stein - NJ3H

Please see the attached screen capture.  whenever I start the subject radio in SDRC I have the diagonal lines.  Also when I the screen comes back on after the screen saver has been invoked, I have similar diagonal traces in the waterfall. After a period of time, things straighten out.

My settings are in the attached picture called Home.  For some reason, I cannot get the menu screens to stay open in SDRC.  Taking a snapshot closes them before the picture is made.  There must be a setting that I have forgotten somewhere to allow the menus to stay open.

Any idea as to why this is happening?  Other receivers are not doing this

Thanks,
George

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Looks like QRM from something nearby. Could be via the Coax, Antenna, or via (through) the plastic enclosure. Is the RXR
sitting next to the video monitor, or Vdc lines from a switching power supply or a UPS?

I have seen a bad ground connection in a USB cable ( open from one end to the other on the shield ) give terrible QRM. Have you tried a different USB cable?

I also had to wrap my RSP1A in copper foil to reduce external QRM sources. Not sure it the mfg applied any screening to the DX model.
From the image, it appears to about 350 KHz apart, which is little wider than the normal switching power supply QRM.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

jdow

These are likely locally sourced from a power brick.

Do you have your ribbon bar configured to hide itself? You can change that. You don't have to, though. You can use the print screen button on your keyboard will show the menus dropped down from the ribbon bar if it is showing when you reach over to the button on your keyboard.

{^_^}

On 20220809 15:19:38, George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io wrote:

Please see the attached screen capture.  whenever I start the subject radio in SDRC I have the diagonal lines.  Also when I the screen comes back on after the screen saver has been invoked, I have similar diagonal traces in the waterfall. After a period of time, things straighten out.

My settings are in the attached picture called Home.  For some reason, I cannot get the menu screens to stay open in SDRC.  Taking a snapshot closes them before the picture is made.  There must be a setting that I have forgotten somewhere to allow the menus to stay open.

Any idea as to why this is happening?  Other receivers are not doing this

Thanks,
George
Home.bmp

Screenshot-2022-08-09-150609.jpeg

[...]

Siegfried Jackstien

i keep the ribbon bar closed to save room ... for a screensot there is a button in top row

see pic

dg9bfc sigi

Am 10.08.2022 um 01:24 schrieb jdow:

[...]

solar inverter or other switching psu ... could even be the charger of your smartphone

dg9bfc sigi

Am 10.08.2022 um 00:19 schrieb George Stein - NJ3H via groups.io:

Please see the attached screen capture.  whenever I start the subject radio in SDRC I have the diagonal lines.  Also when I the screen comes back on after the screen saver has been invoked, I have similar diagonal traces in the waterfall. After a period of time, things straighten out.

My settings are in the attached picture called Home.  For some reason, I cannot get the menu screens to stay open in SDRC.  Taking a snapshot closes them before the picture is made.  There must be a setting that I have forgotten somewhere to allow the menus to stay open.

Any idea as to why this is happening?  Other receivers are not doing this

Thanks,
George

jdow

So can you catch a screen shot with a menu showing? For that the main screen shot is about your only trick.

{o.o}

On 20220809 16:38:08, Siegfried Jackstien wrote:

[...]

Screenshot-2022-08-09-155928.jpg

Simon Brown

PSUs maybe?

I always run RSPs with AGC On.

Looks like QRM from something nearby. Could be via the Coax, Antenna, or via (through) the plastic enclosure. Is the RXR
sitting next to the video monitor, or Vdc lines from a switching power supply or a UPS?

I have seen a bad ground connection in a USB cable ( open from one end to the other on the shield ) give terrible QRM. Have you tried a different USB cable?

I also had to wrap my RSP1A in copper foil to reduce external QRM sources. Not sure it the mfg applied any screening to the DX model.
From the image, it appears to about 350 KHz apart, which is little wider than the normal switching power supply QRM.

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

This has never happened with my RSPdx…

Sorry, I know this doesn’t help!

Tom G6PZZ

[...]

Bart AA7VA

Metal case vs "shielded" plastic case -
KA1GJU gave the cure above - I use aluminum and ground to station ground and toroid's on the input lines, makes a huge difference in my instance

agene

The RSPdx comes in a metal case.

Mike.