RSPdx and SDR Console

ffiorin@...

Hallo  to  all  the  memnbers  of  this  group..

I  hope  that  someone  can  give  me  the  right  suggestions  for  my  problems..

I  own  a  RSP  receiver  (dx) which  I use  with  the  software     SDRPLAY (release  1.41).

The  software  is  fine  and  I  can  receive  many  stations (broadcasting    and  utility). In  my   opinion   the  software  is  not  very  easy, because    some  options  need  too many  steps  to  work. One  of  these  is  the  creation  of  the  broadcasting  lists.  After  many  attemps  I  installed  EIBI  list    using  CSV  browser  and  a  program  for  the  virtual  serial  ports  named  VSPE.  I  noticed  that  this  list is  not  exhaustive,  because  misses  some  stations.  I  have  tried  to  install  the  more  complete  HFCC  list, but  I  wasn't  able  to do  that..

So  I  have  decided  to  use  SDR  console   V.3,  which  seems  easier  to  use.  I  would   like  to  know the  following  things:

1) In  some  tutorials  I've  seen  that  i  must  install  first  the  API  drivers.  In  what   folder  have  I  to  set  these  up?

2) Is  it  possible  to  install  in  SDR  console  the  HFCC  list?  What  program  have  I  to  use?

In  order  to  recognize  the  frequency lists,   I  use  the    program   ERGO  in  my   old  "analogic"  receiver  (JRC  NRD535D) .  I  have  been  told     to  connect  ERGO, using  SDR  Console,  to  an  external  serial  port.  Then  I have  I  to  use  VSPE  again  to  create  the  serial  port  and  make  the  same  steps  as  before?

   73  to  all the members ,waiting  for  an  help.

Fabio

Max

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 05:01 PM, <ffiorin@...> wrote:
So  I  have  decided  to  use  SDR  console   V.3,  which  seems  easier  to  use.
Quite right Fabio, you came to the right place!

1) Go to https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads/ and install API (3.09 latest version works fine with SDRC). If you already installed the API as you will have done if SDR Uno is working, then no need to do anything further.

Then add the radio to SDRC (see attachment to this message):

(A) Run SDRC

(B) Top left of main screen, "Home" tab selected "Select Radio".

(C) In the panel that opens click "Definitions" and then "Search" and select SDRplay V3, then "Add".

(D) You should  now be able to "Start" the radio.

Regarding lists, yes, you can add HFCC:

https://www.sdr-radio.com/frequency-database

Although, for some fantastic functionality with SDRC, I urge you to look at CSV UserList Browser. They work brilliantly together:

https://www.df8ry.de/htmlen/csvub/%F0%9F%91%93features.htm

Video shows use with SDR Uno, but it works just as well with SDR Console:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vu5fAjdRHw&t=747s

Hope it helps.

Max

ffiorin@...

Many  thanks  for  your  reply  Max..

I've  downloaded and  installed  SDR Console  V3,  but  it's  not  OK.

  I  used,  for  the  installation,  the  tool   Select  Identity  ( the  screen  was dark) and  ,after, i    did  not  select  the  window  MAIN,  but   ALTERNATE.  In  this  way  I've  seen  the  "waves"  of  the  stations, but  i  don't  hear  the  audio.

Where is  the  mistake?

73Fabio

Il 10/03/2022 18:42 Max <radiomax@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

Fabio,
   Is the DSP panel visible? The DSP panel has frequency, audio output selection, volume, mode, filters, etc.
Click on the Receive tab (#1), the DSP (#2), then choose the output device and adjust volume (#3).

See attachment:

73 Kriss KA1GJU

ffiorin@...

Hi  Kriss.

I  hear  audio,  but  not   the  stations.  Until  now  I  used  the  software  SDRplay  for  my  RSP  and  everything  worked  fine.  Is  there  any  conflict  between  the  two  software?

Fabio,
   Is the DSP panel visible? The DSP panel has frequency, audio output selection, volume, mode, filters, etc.
Click on the Receive tab (#1), the DSP (#2), then choose the output device and adjust volume (#3).

See attachment:

73 Kriss KA1GJU

Attachments:

Dennis Matzen

There is no conflict between the software. I will suggest to you the same I have told others. Adding or upgrading SDRPlay software can cause issues.  This happened to me me so it could happen to you. You need to get a "clean" install of the SDRPlay software or you will have problems. So here are the steps.

1. Download the latest SDR Uno software (it includes the API too)
2. Disconnect the RSPdx from your computer
3. Remove ALL SDRPlay software on your computer (via Control Panel. Programs and Features)
4. Install the latest version of SDR Uno software (DO NOT PLUG IN TH RSPdx UNTIL DIRECTED TO DO SO!!)
5. Start SDR Console and create a new radio definition. Select Radio in Ribbon, Definitions, Search, SDRPlay, V3.
6. Enjoy SDR Console

SDR Uno will still work (if you want to use it)
--
Dennis
KA6FUB

ffiorin@...

Hi  Dennis.

I've  followed  all  the  steps  you  said, but  the  problem  remains  exactly  as  before. I  can see  the "waves"  moving  on  the  screen,  I  hear only  noise  and,  clicking  on  the  stations,  I  hear  only  a  beep..

As  before,  i  must  click   ALTERNATE  to  see   what  I've  said. Clicking  on MAIN the  screen  remains  dark.

i  don't  understand  where  i  make  the  mistake.

Il 11/03/2022 20:08 Dennis Matzen <ka6fub@...> ha scritto:

[...]

Please add a screenshot so we can see this!

[...]

Curt Faulk

Fabio, somehow you are getting into the 'Change Identity' module which is where you are seeing this behavior.

This is not expected and leads me to believe that you have not created any radio definitions.

Please follow the instructions from Max above in the message where he states: "In the panel that opens click "Definitions" and then "Search" and select SDRplay V3, then "Add"."

Then report back to us.

SDR Console is not an install-and-play program.  It requires some configuration and adding radio definitions is REQUIRED.

Max

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 08:36 PM, <ffiorin@...> wrote:
As  before,  i  must  click   ALTERNATE  to  see   what  I've  said. Clicking  on MAIN the  screen  remains  dark.
Fabio, you are clicking too high up on the screen and so you are starting a new "Alternate" instance of SDRC instead of selecting/starting/running your RSP SDR in the "MAIN" identity that you already have open.

Don't click the circle in the very top left of the screen. Click just below where is says "Select Radio" then select the RSP from your list of installed radios (you will only have one if you followed my initial instructions to add a "Definition" for the RSP. Then press "Start"

Once you have "started" the RSP once then you will not need to "Select Radio" for the next time you use it. Just "Start" will bring back the last radio used (for you, RSP).

Max

ffiorin@...

Il 11/03/2022 21:52 Simon Brown <simon@...> ha scritto:

Here  are  two  screenshots.  The  dark screen   is  what  I  have  obtained  after  having  installed  SDR  Console 3    on  RSPdx,  where   the  spftware  SDRpaly  (1.41)  works  fine..

In  the  second  screenshot   you  see   SDR  Console  installed  on  a  Perseus, where  the  stations  are  recognized.

In  both  situations  the  audio  doesn't  work.

What  have  I  to  do?

73 Fabio

.

[...]

Fabio, we need to see the WHOLE screen. Please use the internal screenshot tool, the little camera in the toolbar.

Max

On Sat, Mar 12, 2022 at 12:50 AM, Curt Faulk wrote:
Fabio, we need to see the WHOLE screen. Please use the internal screenshot tool, the little camera in the toolbar.
Fabio,

To take the required screenshot:
https://www.sdr-radio.com/screenshot

For audio issue, you need to display the RX DSP panel to get access to the audio out selector and audio level control (and a load of other things - mode, bandwidth etc. etc.!).

Push "DSP" button on the "Receive" tab in ribbon bar:

Max

Fabio

Actually, just realised you are not even displaying the ribbon bar. See picture to get dropdown from little arrow at top of screen and uncheck "Minimize Ribbon Bar". Things will then become a lot more manageable!

ffiorin@...

I  hope  this  is fine

Il 12/03/2022 02:03 Max <radiomax@...> ha scritto:

Fabio

Actually, just realised you are not even displaying the ribbon bar. See picture to get dropdown from little arrow at top of screen and uncheck "Minimize Ribbon Bar". Things will then become a lot more manageable!

ffiorin@...

Now  I hear  noise, but    not  the  stations.

Il 12/03/2022 02:03 Max <radiomax@...> ha scritto:

Fabio

Actually, just realised you are not even displaying the ribbon bar. See picture to get dropdown from little arrow at top of screen and uncheck "Minimize Ribbon Bar". Things will then become a lot more manageable!

Curt Faulk

Fabio;

We're still not seeing what we need to see to help you.

Perhaps one of us will need to arrange a time to set up a remote session to assist you.  I think if an experienced user of SDR Console was to remote in, we could have this sorted in just a couple of minutes.

jdow

And I cannot read a thing on that picture. And without the controls usually on the left side it's impossible to figure out what you are doing be it right or wrong. Don't be stingy with information. Overload us.

As for the picture, put it in the email as an attachment. A compressed image size as shown below won't help us help you.

{^_^}

On 20220311 17:22:49, ffiorin via groups.io wrote:

Now  I hear  noise, but    not  the  stations.

Il 12/03/2022 02:03 Max <radiomax@...> ha scritto:

Fabio

Actually, just realised you are not even displaying the ribbon bar. See picture to get dropdown from little arrow at top of screen and uncheck "Minimize Ribbon Bar". Things will then become a lot more manageable!

Tom Crosbie G6PZZ

What type of aerials are you using? Longwire, loop, telescopic whip? Indoors or outside?

It looks to me like you don’t have an antenna selected. The RSPdx has three antenna sockets. If you only have one antenna connected, make sure you have selected the correct input. That will be the tower icon in the ribbon bar.

The image could also be showing broadband noise. Some other interference is at a higher level than the signals you are receiving.

I’m also wondering how you can be showing a matrix of eight receivers if you only have one receiver connected to your computer.

I’m no expert BTW.

Tom G6PZZ

And I cannot read a thing on that picture. And without the controls usually on the left side it's impossible to figure out what you are doing be it right or wrong. Don't be stingy with information. Overload us.

As for the picture, put it in the email as an attachment. A compressed image size as shown below won't help us help you.

{^_^}

On 20220311 17:22:49, ffiorin via groups.io wrote:

Now  I hear  noise, but    not  the  stations.

Il 12/03/2022 02:03 Max <radiomax@...> ha scritto:

Fabio

Actually, just realised you are not even displaying the ribbon bar. See picture to get dropdown from little arrow at top of screen and uncheck "Minimize Ribbon Bar". Things will then become a lot more manageable!

Dale Elshoff WB8CJW

You have the frequency set too high.  I believe (2,000 MHz. or 2GHz.) 2 ,000, 000, 000 is the top end for the receiver.  You have 5 ,999, 991, 000 (5, 999 MHz. or nearly 6GHz.) set.  Set it to a frequency you know is active, on-air.