RF sensitivity and a discovery...

Bruce Tanner

Simon et al,

I don't know what the difference is in the programing but I just made a discovery for you to try.

I load the PSDR IQ program first and then the SDR Radio program, concurrently. I am able to independently control the the audio on both programs via an FA-66 USB interface. All the hardware and antenna arrangements are the same for each software program. I am using Windows 7 Pro.

I select various English speaking SWBC stations from the database list in SDR Radio and can hardly hear or comprehend the programming. I find that when I use SDR Radio to set the frequency for the station that it will also play concurrently via the PSDR-IQ program. It will not change the visual frequency on the PSDR-IQ but does change the actual frequency and appears to play via the PSDR-IQ console. When I turn down/off the audio heard via SDR Radio and unmute the PSDR-IQ software, the SWBC signal is heard with significant strength and clarity.

I am assuming you have the recent PSDR-IQ software around and wonder if you can duplicate this phenomena. If so can you help me understand what makes the difference. It has to be in the software somehow and is a VERY significant difference.

Bruce, K2BET

Simon HB9DRV <simon@...>

Hi Bruce,

I'm working on the Soundcard side today, one big difference is that the current max. bandwidth in SDR-RADIO is 4kHz, I'll hopefully open this up to a max. of 8kHz for AM and possibly 16kHz for FM, must be careful at the moment as I'm so close to a release.

So a kit either late tonight (Wednesday) or on Thursday.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

http://sdr-radio.com

[...]

jorschei <kthkit@...>

Hi Simon,

Will the 40 KHz FM bandwidth also in the next release for APT satellite receiving ?

Joris PE1KTH

--- In sdr-radio-com@..., "Simon HB9DRV" <simon@...> wrote:

[...]

Probably not but very soon.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV