Topics

Problem with SDr Console and RTL-SDR Server - Voices Sound Like Donald Duck.

Tate Jackson N3BXZ

Hello All,

I have my RTL-SDR dongle operating on a Pi-RTL-SDR server.  When I listen to the RTL-SDR using SDR Console, the voices sound like Donald Duck, for lack of a better what to describe it.  When I connect to the RTL-SDR server using another SDR software application, the voices sound normal.  My computer is running windows 10, the SDR server is Raspberry Pi 1.  SDR Consol is Version 3

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Tate
N3BXZ

George Stein - NJ3H

Hi Tate. Simon wants questions/issues posted on the forum versus the io.groups site.

Also use the built in camera function in Console and make a screen capture of the main screen and post it with your message on the forum. If Simon needs additional info, he always asks.

Good luck with your issue.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
Redmond, Oregon USA

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 9:26 PM, Tate Jackson N3BXZ
<Tate@...> wrote:
Hello All,

I have my RTL-SDR dongle operating on a Pi-RTL-SDR server.  When I listen to the RTL-SDR using SDR Console, the voices sound like Donald Duck, for lack of a better what to describe it.  When I connect to the RTL-SDR server using another SDR software application, the voices sound normal.  My computer is running windows 10, the SDR server is Raspberry Pi 1.  SDR Consol is Version 3

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Tate
N3BXZ

jdow

Is "Raspberry Pi 1" perhaps a little small for 4.8 mBps to the network from the USB? The description suggests something changes the calibration. That sounds like something data overruns could produce.

Also the dongle could be running at a different temperature leading to a calibration change. Donald Duck sound is most often simple SSB mistuning if he is using SSB mode.

He left a lot of blanks to fill in - mode, frequency, sampling mode, converter, and THE BIG PICTURE ATTACHMENT that can be read to extract settings.

{o.o}