Topics

Problem with renaming V3 servers

Finndx

You can rename a server definition but next time you restart SDRC the new name is forgotten and software renames it ALWAYS back to something like "Server: ip-address:port". Of course, these kind of automated names are useless because it makes it difficult to find the wanted server in the server list (remember that ip address is just numbers quite often...).

This problem started after version 3.0.10. This was the final version where renaming worked. The new connection method was introduced in the next version.
And I can partially understand the purpose of converting old server definitions into the new form, though I don't like it affecting the names I had manually given to each one of the servers. Thus messing up my server list completely. That's the reason I've kept using 3.0.10 for connecting remote servers using one identity for that but having also the newest version of SDR Console (used with another identity) for other purposes - so separate settings depending on the used version.

Simon, is this intentional? Or is it a bug in your software? Server names are still converted every time SDRC is restarted thus overriding the names user has given. I had my own logic naming the remote SDRs (V3 and Spyservers) so that I had them to appear in a specific order. I prefer to continue using software with own server names.

Another question related to server selection. I used Windows 7 English version earlier and now the OS is Windows 8.1 Finnish version. The character expressing that it is a server ie. "<=>" is now just a square with Win8.1. Any ideas how to fix it? Edited image showing upper part of "Select Radio" query with both Win7 and Win8.1 attached.

Thanks

Kriss Kliegle KA1GJU

That's the reasoning behind why I named my servers (Super station #X).  Then users would (might?) remember which number they liked best for what purpose.
But being able to re-name them on the client machine would be useful.

Ready for another season of FM DX'ing?

73 Kriss KA1GJU

jdow

Do you exit cleanly or cut power off to that computer? Be sure to exit the program cleanly.
{^_^}

On 20200428 13:40:48, Finndx wrote:
[...]
blank_character.png

Finndx

Attention Simon!

https://sdr-radio.groups.io/g/main/message/56085

I have this problem still with SDRC v3.0.25
Restarting SDRC resets already changed server definition names.

Could you check this?

Thanks

Simon Brown

Thanks,